Just a little flatty build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Just a little flatty build

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-17-2012, 04:00 AM   #46
98blacksahara
1951 CJ3A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsAndaGuy View Post
That's a solid looking twin stick, very nice fab work!
Thanks. I still need to trim the flat stock uprights at an angle to blend them into the roundbar levers. Kinda hard to explain, but I'll post pics when its done.

But I'm sure someone out there will post that they regularly eat turd sandwiches with no problems...
98blacksahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #47
Kman1983

1983 CJ5 

The twin sticks look GREAT!! Super build!
Rolled Red Jeep Club Member #258
'83 CJ5, 4.0 MPFI swap, T18/D20, CenterForce II clutch, Dana44/30(73 CJ5) with 3.73's,'79 knuckles and 11" discs, sagged 4" lift, 2" BL, 34x9.50x15 Super Swamper Pizza Cutters

My wifes website The Vermont JeepGirl http://www.vermontjeepgirl.com/

"Good Girls and Dirty Jeeps" a song by Opal Justice http://youtu.be/9xRtRE45OVQ
Kman1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #48
Altimeter
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I want a flattie! I like it lifted with the 33's. It really looks badass.
Altimeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2012, 05:17 AM   #49
98blacksahara
1951 CJ3A 

Thanks guys. I am considering changing out the 33's for skinny 34 inch swampers. I like the look better, and I am pretty stuck on using TSL's as I have had great success with them in the past.

Thanks for the interest

But I'm sure someone out there will post that they regularly eat turd sandwiches with no problems...
Unread 06-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #50
98blacksahara
1951 CJ3A 

D25 out!

D30 with disc brakes ready to go in

Here it is installed!

Unread 06-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #51
98blacksahara
1951 CJ3A 

The 95 Mustang A/C compressor barely clears the steering shaft! Looks like I can have on board air!

Couple more under hood shots with the front clip installed. Plenty of room with the 95 mustang serp system

More to come!

Unread 06-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #52
1983 CJ7 

Wow, the "grab bar" will take on a whole new meaning in that bad boy
Unread 06-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #53
98blacksahara
1951 CJ3A 

Clutch and brake master cylinders mounted on the reinforced firewall. I can just barely slide my fingers in above the brake master with the hood installed.

And because some have asked about mounting the cherokee column.

It almost perfectly lines up with the original mounting holes in the dash. I had to trim a bit of the dash so the column would slide up and behind the mounting flange on the dash. I had to file the dash holes out just a little and it fit like it was meant to be there!

Unread 06-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #54
98blacksahara
1951 CJ3A 

And here it is with the front clip installed and rolled out into the daylight!

I am really happy with the stance with the 33's on it. I am eventually going to switch to 34 10.50 swamper LTB's. I prefer the skinny swamper look on the early rigs, and I am dead set on swampers from running them on my other rigs.

Unread 06-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #55
2girlsAndaGuy
1979 CJ5 

that thing is sick, love the progress!

David
2girlsAndaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #56
98blacksahara
1951 CJ3A 

Had a couple hours to putter on the old girl yesterday morning. Got the throttle hooked up, and the rear driveshaft we made installed.

Throttle brackets and cable:

Comments welcomed on the cable itself. I may change it to a longer "loop" before it enters the bracket.

Here is the installed pedal. In a nice comfortable spot, and I can rest my foot on the center hump on bumpy trails.

Here is the driveshaft. It started life as a front from a cherokee. Had to change the output yoke for the dual cardan style

Installed pics, I may shim the t-case down a bit to lessen the angle a tad. Comments welcome

Unread 09-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #57
98blacksahara
1951 CJ3A 

Been awhile since the last update. My Gramps passed away, and it just isn't the same heading up to the shop and not having him there. Took some time to get used to I guess.

Anywho, started in on the wiring. Summit brand "painless" harness. Awesome product!

We also made a rear driveshaft out of an XJ front.

Finished product:

Unread 09-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #58
98blacksahara
1951 CJ3A 

Had to buy two sets of headers to get one that fit each side. Pass side is a Foxbody mustang equal length shorty, Driver is a blockhugger center dump

Pics:

Fuel pump on the fender:

Unfortunately, it already took a dump.

Unread 09-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #59
98blacksahara
1951 CJ3A 

Started working on the frame tie-ins for the cage.
Main hoop tie in in the fenderwell. Frame was plated with 3/16. Welded around the edges, and plug welded in 4 places. 1/4 wall DOM as the "stick-out" piece.

stickout piece just tacked for now, until I get the "subframe" up in the fenderwell done, then I will finish weld it.

Here is the beginning of the subframe that will be up under the fenderwell. It will have a rear tie in, and be tied into the rear of the seat subframe (in the cab)

Here is the front hoop tie in. I am waiting to build the rocker guards before I finish weld it to the frame. The tie ins will sandwich the floor and the rocker guards. Should stiffen everything up nicely. (hard to explain, will post pics when I get them done)

Unread 09-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #60
98blacksahara
1951 CJ3A 

YES those are hockey pucks, no they are not permanent! I need to buy some body mount material, but the pucks were free for now!

ITS ALIVE! (click the pic for the vid)

Open headers, timing is kinda close, but it runs!

The clear dizzy cap is leaving soon also. I ordered blue. Too much bling for a flatty

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.