Just finished my engine swap. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Just finished my engine swap.

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-11-2002, 08:26 PM   #1
Big Bill 33

Just finished my engine swap.

Started my engine swap Friday night and finished Sunday afternoon. Took out my 258 in my 85 CJ7 and put in a .30 over 304 V-8 with Edelbrock intake and 4-barrel Carb, Stainless headers with Flow-Maasters out the back. Everything worked out just like the members here said it would. I have never done engine work or swaps before and this was a blast. I loved every greasy minute of it. Thanks to all who gave me input and sugestions on this. Without you guys and gals, I would have totally been lost. Thanks for a great board to visit. Also, this thing will move on now and sounds AWESOME!

Unread 11-11-2002, 08:36 PM   #2
OldJeepguy
1979 CJ7 

Excellent news! Always great to fire up a new engine. I replaced my tired 304 with a .030" over 360 earlier this year and was totally stoked when it fired up and ran sweet.
Unread 11-15-2002, 06:46 AM   #3
Crash&Burn

Old Jeep Guy;

My 79 is following along pretty close to yours, my rust was much worse so I ended up with a wrangler tub,
My chassic and driveline(s) are complete, just waiting to put the tub on........I have pictures on my hard drive, but the process to put them on this site looks too tough for me????????
Can't wait to hear the 040 360 run thur the flowmaster....

I'm not as good as I once was....but I'm good once as I ever was.

Last edited by Crash&Burn; 11-15-2002 at 11:34 PM..
Crash&Burn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2002, 11:15 AM   #4
4wheeler4CJ

I have a bone stock, never rebuilt '72 360 in my '77, with a 2-barrel, and I put Fenderwells, to 2 1/2" pipe all the way, with Flowmaster Delta Flow 40s, and they exit just in front of the rear wheels. WOW, it sounds so f-in awesome!
4wheeler4CJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.