Just did Monstaliner, any rubber molded mats? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Just did Monstaliner, any rubber molded mats?

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 10-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #1
drespecki
1983 CJ7 

Just did Monstaliner, any rubber molded mats?

Just finished my Monstaliner job and it came out great... I want some nice heavy (so they stay in place) mats with a smooth bottom to throw in the drivers and passenger side floor pan in front to have some grip with my shoes and not be so smooth... Besides the all terrain floor mats that SEEM like they are molded and cut out properly but I think have nubs on the bottom, what else is out there? I am in AZ and it will not be a water issue.
Here is a pic of the All Terrain/Rugged Ridge mats

kgrhqr-gwe7plr14whbpgzgtlkwq-60_12.jpg

img_8057-small-.jpg

Unread 10-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

I have those same mats and the fit and finish is better than all the others on the market. Never have an issue with them wanting to slide around and my floor pans is painted and waxed.

You must cut a hole for the high/low beam switch on the drivers side.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
drespecki
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith460 View Post
I have those same mats and the fit and finish is better than all the others on the market. Never have an issue with them wanting to slide around and my floor pans is painted and waxed.

You must cut a hole for the high/low beam switch on the drivers side.

Keith460, can you post a couple pics of them in your CJ and one of the opposite side so I can see the bottom texture?
Thanks....
Unread 10-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #4
TrebleHook

1979 CJ7 

For what it's worth - I have a set of mats just like the ones above. No issues. I will tell you that they are all the exact same mat with a different little oval label pressed into them. Quadratec, Rugged Ridge, Etc... I did some looking before buying mine thinking that some would be better than others...but they're not. In the end, they're mats. Mats is mats....

Cheers,
TrebleHook
1983 CJ8 Scrambler Laredo - 258 MOPAR MPFI/T-5/Dana 300 - 4.10 Dana 44 Rear/Dana 30 Front w/ ARB lockers front/rear - 4" BDS Suspension w/ Fox 2.0 Shocks - Ground Pounder Fab Front Shorty and Rear Spare Custom Bumpers - PSC Steering w/ Borgeson Shaft - 33x10.50 BFG KM2 on 15x8 Mickey Thompson Classic III - Work in progress.....
TrebleHook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #5
JrTjK
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 

I'm running the Bestop mats which look nearly identical to those, as well. Love 'em.
JrTjK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #6
CJ7KAHUNA

1985 CJ7 

I have a set of Quadratec mats - great results so far. I'm pleased with the purchase.
Unread 10-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #7
drespecki
1983 CJ7 

I might have to get a set of these... Onto another different but related topic: The rear cargo area needs a rubber mat and I looked at those rubber stall mats from the feed store up the road. Very nice at 4x6 and $52 but it is 3/4 of an inch thick and like 110lbs! I know when it is cut to fit it would weigh about 45 or so but is there something out there that is maybe 1/2 - 9/16 thick? Thought about a truck rubber bed liner but they are getting pricey ....
Unread 10-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #8
drespecki
1983 CJ7 

Here are the mats at the feed store...super heavy!!!
20131011_120519-small-.jpg

Unread 10-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #9
jeepster4245
jeepster4245
1982 CJ5 

Google nyracord the mats are thinner then the ones you listed and can be cut as you see fit...ribs on top and on the bottom are nubs for drainage and ventilation...
jeepster4245 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #10
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drespecki View Post
Keith460, can you post a couple pics of them in your CJ and one of the opposite side so I can see the bottom texture?
Thanks....
I have some pictures of them in the CJ but none showing the bottoms. The bottoms look the same as the tops, just a mirror image.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #11
drespecki
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith460 View Post
I have some pictures of them in the CJ but none showing the bottoms. The bottoms look the same as the tops, just a mirror image.

They look good! I took the plunge...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.