Just bought someone esle's Jeep project, have a lift question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Just bought someone esle's Jeep project, have a lift question

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 10-08-2013, 06:21 AM   #1
rhino1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Just bought someone esle's Jeep project, have a lift question

I just bought an 80 CJ7 that a buddy of mine had and had taken it completely apart to rebuild. He broke his neck and while he is up and mobile, he couldn't work on it any longer. He had bought a rough country 4" lift and a 1" body lift. My question is, I shouldn't need the 1" body lift should I? Also, I want to put heavier duty shackles than the factories parts on it, but again, not looking for all the lift. Who makes a good stock height shackle? I just don't want too much gap between the fenders and the tires. I want it to clear the tires and just look clean

rhino1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 06:30 AM   #2
Mwildmann
2000 XJ Cherokee 

What size tire are you going to be running? Here's a link to a pretty lengthy list of heavy duty shackles for CJs: http://www.discountjeepparts.com/ind...3041&vt_id=149. 4" of lift and a 0" lift shackle should be good for a 33" tire I would think.
Mwildmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #3
rhino1
2008 JK Wrangler 

33" is all I am looking to run.
rhino1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #4
Mwildmann
2000 XJ Cherokee 

In that case, I'd say you'd be good with no body lift. Maybe extend the bump stops a little if you have to once it's all together and the springs have settled.
Mwildmann is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.