A Junkyard Near You: - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > A Junkyard Near You:

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 05-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
SwampThang
1984 CJ7 

A Junkyard Near You:

I've been searching the forum for about a half hour now looking for a junkyard/graveyard sticky, to no avail. So I hope I'm not double posting here. But, I'm looking to see if anyone in the greater Cincinnati area has heard of a Jeep Graveyard / Junkyard near by? I'm also posting because I believe it would be useful for fellow CJ Jeepers to list out places local to them that they have have had success with. Like with all Jeeps and especially with CJ Jeeps Junkyards are sometimes the best places to find and buy a part.

I remember a buddy of mine saying he though the jeep junkyard was off of the AA highway in kentucky, but I think its the best kept secret out there. So I look forward to your responses.

Sincerely,
SwampThang

Unread 05-07-2008, 09:11 PM   #2
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

I tried to get one started a while back, but the moderators ignored it, so no sticky, and then people filled it up with crap like 'I want this' and 'Parts America' links...

A good list of junkyards/salvage yards with jeeps is a Great thing to have, and virtually no one does...
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2008, 10:15 PM   #3
jefmp
1985 CJ7 

not sure if you know about it. and i dont know how far it is from you but it salem, oh there is Davey's Jeeps. specializes in nothing but jeeps. might be what you are looking for. Heres their web address. http://www.daveysjeeps.com/index.html
if its too far maybe they can help you more.
jefmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2008, 10:33 PM   #4
Fjguercio
Web Wheeler
1978 CJ7 

We have a salvage yard that collects jeeps here in MN also. I found it by calling junk yards in MN and asking who has old Jeep CJ parts. They were more than happy to tell me who has the parts and most of them knew right off also.

MN salvage for Jeeps is FRENCH LAKE AUTO PARTS, ANADALE, MN 320-274-8497. I have not been there but have talked to them on the phone.

When looking for Jeep Parts do not forget to look for AMC Concord, Eagle and so forth. Many of these AMC CARS will have the engine parts, trans parts you are looking for. Brackets, pullies, power steering, 2 barrel intakes, carbs, gen parts, and are cheaper and readily avail.

Regards,
Fred
Fjguercio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 05:54 AM   #5
BIG REED
1977 CJ7 

The only place I have found around me that specializes in (or even has) used jeep parts is:

Midwest Willys
3708 S 100 E
Crawfordsville IN 47933
Harry Sheets

I dont know how new of jeep parts he carries, but he has alot of parts for the older ones.
Unread 05-08-2008, 06:32 AM   #6
HackFabrication
1976 CJ5 

Not for Jeeps, per se, but Scrap Busters in Wayne, MI: http://www.scrapbusters.com/ is a good deal for 'stuff' you might need/want/whatever. I picked up 5 electric fans; 2-3.8L Taurus, 2-18" T-Bird, 1-Dual Contour. All for around $60 ($10 for 'core charges') on one of their wheelbarrow days (if you can get it in the 'barrow, other than engines, it's $50 out the door).

Unfortunately, with the price of scrap today, most yards are crushing cars on a regular basis. And very few keep 'older cars' in the yard. You've really got to put a 'yard crawl' into your schedule. Because if it's there today: It might be on a boat to China tomorrow.
Unread 05-08-2008, 07:27 AM   #7
luckycheesehead

I have posted these in the 'South Central USA' section for people that live in/around Arkansas. I was having the same problem with finding good used jeep parts around here, so I paid attention and did a little research.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f162/central-arkansas-jeep-bone-yard-533976/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f162/central-arkansas-daniels-auto-salvage-jeeps-jeeps-jeeps-531389/

One thing I did that helped was I started to call salvage yards around the area. I ended up talking to one of them who said this one place (Daniels) was a gold mine for Jeeps. He turned out to be right. Apparently all the Salvage yards around here keep up with what everyone has and what they like to have...

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
luckycheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 07:46 AM   #8
atomicflatulenc
1985 CJ7 

Most don't like to give their favorite "fishing" spots away.
'85 CJ7, 258 4.2 Howell TBI, NP435, twin sticked Dana300, 4.56 Yukon chromoly: Rear20-extra thick tubes, shaved,trussed,discbrakes,ARB: Front30- flipped tierod,Detroit EZ locker, warn hubs: 3.5" BDS YJ springs and booster, 35" Trxus M/T's, rhino'd, full roll cage, borgenson steering shaft, big daddy steering box bracket...Unknown OIL Leak(working on it...)
FOR SALE $6000
atomicflatulenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 08:34 AM   #9
jeepwhore
Lucky S.O.B.

1984 CJ7 

http://www.jeepstuff.8m.com

These guys have an amazing amount of jeep parts but recently they teamed up with car-part.com . Sorry, they don't sell to the US though!
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 08:53 AM   #10
1979CJ7
1979 CJ7 

There are no realy jeep junk yards that I know of here in Cincinnati.

Miama Town has a scrap yard and there is all ways You Pull and Pay. They have some jeep stuff I believe.
Where at in the nasti nati do you live?
1979CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 09:14 AM   #11
luckycheesehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicflatulenc View Post
I heard that!! I actually questioned to myself whether or not I should share, but I figured I could never take advantage of everything my two guys had, plus, good karma for sharing, right!?!?

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
luckycheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 09:21 AM   #12
CJ Chet
1986 CJ7 

Try this one in Salem Ohio:

http://www.daveysjeeps.com/

'86 CJ7, 265 CI, DUI, TF999, Borla, Weber, 4" BDS Lift.
'04 AEV RUBICON.
'00 TJ Sahara.
CJ Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 10:33 AM   #13
Fjguercio
Web Wheeler
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicflatulenc View Post

Yea..... but if they sell some of the stuff they will keep the CJ's and other jeeps around. Maybe even look for more CJ's to stock in their yard.

If it does not sell they will not keep it in the yard.

Just another way to look at it.

Regards,
Fred
Fjguercio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 10:51 AM   #14
atomicflatulenc
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjguercio View Post
Yea..... but if they sell some of the stuff they will keep the CJ's and other jeeps around. Maybe even look for more CJ's to stock in their yard.

If it does not sell they will not keep it in the yard.

Just another way to look at it.

Regards,
Fred
I agree. If I knew of one I would tell you all.

But you're not getting my fishing spots!
'85 CJ7, 258 4.2 Howell TBI, NP435, twin sticked Dana300, 4.56 Yukon chromoly: Rear20-extra thick tubes, shaved,trussed,discbrakes,ARB: Front30- flipped tierod,Detroit EZ locker, warn hubs: 3.5" BDS YJ springs and booster, 35" Trxus M/T's, rhino'd, full roll cage, borgenson steering shaft, big daddy steering box bracket...Unknown OIL Leak(working on it...)
FOR SALE $6000
atomicflatulenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 03:24 PM   #15
SwampThang
1984 CJ7 

Thanks for the info, so far I've found that by calling local junkyards you can find out who locally is best known for carying Jeep parts.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.