junkyard motorcraft 2100 ( help?!) - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > junkyard motorcraft 2100 ( help?!)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-01-2013, 11:51 PM   #31
JeepingJustin
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Maybe float is not adjusted right or stuck. I'm can't remember but I think the float height is suppost to be 9/16. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

Sent from my space using JeepForum

JeepingJustin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #32
orange80cj7
1980 CJ7 

So I adjusted the float and it still flooded the carb so I take the top off the carb and run it to see what was going on, and when I did that when i started the jeep just fuel just started shooting up to the hood a lot of fuel.. It seems like the pressure is too high but I never changed any of that
orange80cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2013, 08:03 AM   #33
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Are you still running the stock mechanical fuel pump? What about the fuel filter before the carb? It needs to be a one inlet two outlet so the excess pressure can bleed off back to the tank. If you have a 1 in/1 out filter that's probably the problem.

Can you snap a pic with the top of the carb removed? Preferably one from fairly close so we can see the float and needle.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #34
orange80cj7
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwhore View Post
Are you still running the stock mechanical fuel pump? What about the fuel filter before the carb? It needs to be a one inlet two outlet so the excess pressure can bleed off back to the tank. If you have a 1 in/1 out filter that's probably the problem.

Can you snap a pic with the top of the carb removed? Preferably one from fairly close so we can see the float and needle.
That is probably what it is It is a 1 in 1 out with stock pimp and Ill take a picture when I get home, when I got the jeep it didn't have a bleeder line, should I run one back to the tank?
Unread 06-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #35
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Are you sure it didn't have a return line back to the tank? Check the inside of the drivers side frame rail. There should be one brake line there feeding the back brakes from the proportioning valve, and one fuel return line.

But I'd say that the problem you have is due to that filter.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2013, 06:09 AM   #36
orange80cj7
1980 CJ7 

sorry for the delay everyone, my DD has been putting up a fight! but got everything going just want to make sure i have my vacuum lines right, i have my pvc going to the port in the back of the carb, distributor advance going the the port on the passenger side below the choke, i do not have an egr or anything. there are two ports that i have plugged because i dont know what to do with them, the one on the back i believe it is the bowl vent and one on the front drivers side. does this sound right ?
Unread 06-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #37
JeepingJustin
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange80cj7 View Post
sorry for the delay everyone, my DD has been putting up a fight! but got everything going just want to make sure i have my vacuum lines right, i have my pvc going to the port in the back of the carb, distributor advance going the the port on the passenger side below the choke, i do not have an egr or anything. there are two ports that i have plugged because i dont know what to do with them, the one on the back i believe it is the bowl vent and one on the front drivers side. does this sound right ?
No power brakes? Best bet is to just try it out an see what happens. Try putting it under a load to see if it falls on its face or chugs along.
Unread 06-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #38
orange80cj7
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepingJustin View Post

No power brakes? Best bet is to just try it out an see what happens. Try putting it under a load to see if it falls on its face or chugs along.
Yes I have Power brakes but that vacuum line goes in the manifold itself where it originally was
Unread 06-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #39
JeepingJustin
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange80cj7 View Post

Yes I have Power brakes but that vacuum line goes in the manifold itself where it originally was
Sounds like you should be golden then. Go give it a try.
Unread 06-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #40
orange80cj7
1980 CJ7 

It's been storming all afternoon, but Finally got her started up got the idle down but something is definitely off, I belive my timing out of wack there is a lot of pinging and it seems like it is having pre ignition.. Can a new carb cause this? And I will post some pics of the set up soon. By the way does anyone know how to get pictures posted right from my phone? I used to be able to but now it is saying attachment exceeds limit or something like that?
Unread 06-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #41
Caish
1987 XJ Cherokee 

The pinging could be a lean issue.
Everyone likes to say 1.08 carb for a 258, do you know that if a very small carb and very possible it is to lean.
Unread 06-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #42
orange80cj7
1980 CJ7 

Okay thanks for the tip, and I've done some searching about timing, but Does anyone know where the best place to hook up the vacuum gauge to set it via vacuum?
Unread 06-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #43
JeepingJustin
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I think most people use the brake booster port. But I've been known to be wrong.
Unread 06-28-2013, 12:58 AM   #44
Oily
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm69 View Post
Take it apart, boil it in lemon juice, put it back together using the rebuild kit, and bolt it on.
Boil it in lemon juice. Really ? I am sure you are serious but can you say more about that procedure ?
Oily is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #45
wm69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oily View Post
Boil it in lemon juice. Really ? I am sure you are serious but can you say more about that procedure ?
Old timer trick to clean carbs.

I saw it on an ATV forum, and did it on and old early 80's Honda Generator carb and a Honda Foreman carb. Worked great, so I did my MC2100 in it too.

Get a bucket, toss it on a campstove, fill with lemon juice, and boil your carb parts in it. Get's the goop out.

The generator (old ES3500) had been sitting for probably 5+ years. Gas was varnish, and carb was totally gooped up.

Lemon juice boiling worked great on it. LOT cheaper than carb dip, and you can dump it out in the yard when you're done.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.