junkyard fiberglass tub, Should I or should I not ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > junkyard fiberglass tub, Should I or should I not ?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
01xjltd
2001 XJ Cherokee 

junkyard fiberglass tub, Should I or should I not ?

I am about to start the resotoration of my 80 cj 5. Im new to jeep restoration so I dont have much experience on cjs. I was walking thru the jeep section this morning at our local u pull it, and happened upon a cj5 about the same vintage, that had a, from what i can tell, a pretty solid fiberglass tub. Is it adviseable to even considering using a junkyard tub ? what should I look for or be careful about or what to avoid. The owner said he thought they de let it go for 200 bucks. jeep is still pretty much complete so it would be a bit of a chore to tear down. Jeep has been exposed to weather for a bit so im not sure if thats an issue. What drew me over to this vehicle was the one piece full soft doors. still intact. This a good idea ?

01xjltd is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.