Jim's new hybrid Scrambler build- tons of questions coming! - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Jim's new hybrid Scrambler build- tons of questions coming!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 02-23-2010, 06:06 PM   #76
MikeBK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Is it done yet

Unread 02-23-2010, 06:12 PM   #77
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatbroke View Post
I beleive you may end up with the nicest jeep on regina street
OK, I know there is no anonymity on internet but how did you find out what street I live on?!! Spooky man!
Unread 02-23-2010, 06:17 PM   #78
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBK View Post
Is it done yet
I'm on pins an needles waiting for confirmation about the axles... Tomorrow sometime, I hope. After that it is finally, frame prep/prime/paint, axles cleanup measure, bracket welding prime/paint... and tons of steady work after that.
Unread 02-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #79
MikeBK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsterjc View Post
OK, I know there is no anonymity on internet but how did you find out what street I live on?!! Spooky man!
This is jeepforum, were everywhere.
Unread 02-23-2010, 06:46 PM   #80
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
This is jeepforum, were everywhere.
Maybe pm me telling me how...

BTW- that Jeep of yours with the 35s- how much lift does it have or is it a body lift only? I'll recheck your profile page, too.
Unread 02-24-2010, 04:41 PM   #81
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Is there any reason that I couldn't relocate the front trackbar from the front driverside frame mount to the passenger frame mount so that fitting a Dana 60 with a passenger side pumpkin is easier?
Unread 02-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #82
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Is there any reason that I couldn't relocate the front trackbar from the front driverside frame mount to the passenger frame mount so that fitting a Dana 60 with a passenger side pumpkin is easier?
OK- just got an answer to my own question- NO

The bump steer due to trackbar angle and sterring linkage angles will evidently be wicked. NO!
Unread 02-24-2010, 05:31 PM   #83
mcg311TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
OK- just got an answer to my own question- NO

The bump steer due to trackbar angle and sterring linkage angles will evidently be wicked. NO!
You were looking at a chevy 60 That will only keep making problems.

You should be able to find a Ford king pin 60 some how. There all over the place.
mcg311TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #84
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but are the GPS cordinates under your screen name possibly where you live?

I also am waiting to see this build too.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #85
mcg311TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccafire View Post
I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but are the GPS cordinates under your screen name possibly where you live?

Someone caught on Cats out of the bag now
Unread 02-24-2010, 07:02 PM   #86
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccafire View Post

Yeah, duh!! It has been so long that I forgot. We are geocachers and this seemed just like the best way to say where we were.
Unread 02-24-2010, 07:08 PM   #87
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg311TJ View Post
You were looking at a chevy 60 That will only keep making problems.

You should be able to find a Ford king pin 60 some how. There all over the place.
Yes, but i have a good NP205 pass drop. Besides a little extra fab it will turn out the same in the end. Lots of guys have used them- no trouble.

Also- this Dana 60 that I'm waiting for the reply on is brand spanking new- kind of cool for me to actually have something as big as this that is new for only $1200 Canadian. For you guys in the USA 1200 Canadian is like $150.00 US dollars.
Unread 02-24-2010, 07:16 PM   #88
mcg311TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yes, but i have a good NP205 pass drop. Besides a little extra fab it will turn out the same in the end. Lots of guys have used them- no trouble.

Yeah, forgot you said you had many a TC to choose from. That's what I was talking about. But IIRC, Don't most of the guys cut off the chevy inner C's and weld on Ford parts? I've read this a few times. Don't know if everyone does it, But most like the Ford king pin better. What have you read/Heard?
Unread 02-25-2010, 10:00 AM   #89
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Go with the Detroit locker, you wont be sorry.
A few of my friend have always used lockers and really encouraged me to use one. This vehicle is still a compromise for easy driving and good road manners in all on-driving conditions. My wife has to drive it and feel confident. She drove my YJ without ever a worry- it just had a lsd rear and a True-Trac front. I know for many a purist wheelers this is sacrilege, but it works for us.

This won't be a crawler or desert racer. It will haul trailers, climb long unmaintained mountain roads and passes, pass through open forests, ford creeks, and drive through any ditch we aim it at. That is about the extent of the wheeling it will do.
Unread 02-25-2010, 10:22 AM   #90
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg311TJ View Post
Yeah, forgot you said you had many a TC to choose from. That's what I was talking about. But IIRC, Don't most of the guys cut off the chevy inner C's and weld on Ford parts? I've read this a few times. Don't know if everyone does it, But most like the Ford king pin better. What have you read/Heard?
I don't know about that- i mean I really don't know about welding on Ford outers... As long as the pinion angle and caster come out right without cutting that'll be fine with me. I'm still looking for a Ford 60 but they are gone around here. The local hot-rodders and collectors are all out of ideas it seems. Boohoo.

Just so you know- the town I live in is actually quite isolated- like a 3 hour drive to a good U-Pick, and it is in the USA. I have the highest all-weather mountain pass in North America (with great old logging and mining roads) immediately to my west and nothing to the north or east for 4 or 5 hours... This is a great place to live so I can't complain! Getting around though can be time consuming and expensive.

Last edited by jeepsterjc; 02-25-2010 at 11:14 AM..
jeepsterjc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
hybrid scrambler , scrambler tj frame

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.