So I rushed home to begin work on the rims now that the big a$$ tires are here!
As it turns out my front Dana 60 hubs seem to require more milling than others on internet. After the shoulder is removed I need to take off about another 3/32 thickness more to increase the diameter enough to get the rim to fit and bottom out on the hub. Front and rear are the same. Here is what I have now... I took off 1/32 more than I need to.
There's the rotor behind the rim. Woohoo!!! 4 rims to go!
This is what I'm doing. I start off with the flush router bit and remove the shoulder. Then pop on a filleting bit and round it over. Then, use a router bit with the bearing on top to follow along the slightly increased diameter (just barely following over the face of the rim). this leaves an edge that gets shaved off with the 1st bit with the bearing on the bottom.
[EDIT] The 1st rim I machined was different than the other 4. The first didn't have any chamfer on the back side. The other 4 had almost a 1/4 chamfer to guide a top bearinged flush bit.[/EDIT]
This is what I'm left with. what is showing is 2/3 of what I cut out. I had already vacuumed once to clean up the mess...
So I'll do at least two more tonight. This is taking longer than I had expected!