It has been a little while since I've had a chance to get any work done but I've tried to get out to the garage or the carport when ever it hasn't been snowing or raining; and it's been doing plenty of each for the last three weeks! Also- I've obviously managed to breathe new life into some of the old webserver's directories, but have a long way to go with it... php, mysql, bla, bla ,bla.
I finished the plasma table frame, built a new combined vise/grinder/drillpress bench, and a new main work bench good for 2000 pounds of load. I used 2x2 x 3/16 square tubing for everything. The welding/vise/grinder bench is topped with 3/8 plate.
This is the first all loaded up with tools and debris. It won't stay like this.
This is the new bench to replace the old giant Kubota shipping crate work bench. I've cut it up and will re-use the 1 1/8 inch plywood for the bench top and lower shelf. The old orange giant work bench was just too deep and I'll regain lots of space with this smaller but still good sized bench.
Here's another view of the new bench.
The main event. It is one heavy beast. I'll weld up the 4 rolling wheels tomorrow. I used 1" coarse grade 8 bolts for adjustable feet. It is 100% level, plumb and square. I'm really happy with it so far.
The plasma table will slide almost 7 feet farther back into the corner and with the new feng shui I've got going on in the garage I have more room than before... really.
So tomorrow I clean up the work bench and get it primed and painted. Then, onto the mechanics and wiring of the plasma table.
The old Kubota crate frame will get turned into 2 other 4 wheeled engine dollies. I've bought the wheels and will use them to move engines around and also as casters for skidding the Scrambler around the garage.