Jim's 85 CJ7 rebuild - Page 101 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Jim's 85 CJ7 rebuild

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #1501
BioTex
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Now if I was single like Dave I'd sit these in the dinnig room. Thinks I will anyway, I'll let you guys know how it goes.
You mean that table they are siiting on in your shop is not your dining table?
I know if I had your spotless shop, I'd be eating in there...

06' TJ Rubicon, 4" R.C. springs, BFG/AT 35s M.C. 6" fenders, rockers and surrounds, Currie front & rear adj. tracbars, tattons DC rear shaft, adj. upper - lower CA's. Bilstein 5100's
YJ Buggy Build Current project. Stroker/FI ?
1990 MJ Comanche 4.0L AX15/np231
BioTex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #1502
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
Nice work Jim

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission
Thanks Dave. Really she thought it was a good idea for me to keep them in the house and safe. Course I moved them to the spare bedroom later on too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdogtoy View Post
just got up to date looks like I missed allot, good work on the rust panels, any new ideas on the spring plates, I like the idea of the simple thick sled with the holes for washers and nuts.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicR1 View Post
Good stuff!!!
Thanks Bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Talk is cheap! I KNOW how that would go! The only reason Dave does that is so he can have someone to talk to!!
Talk is cheap old boy....I wrote a poem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioTex View Post
You mean that table they are siiting on in your shop is not your dining table?
I know if I had your spotless shop, I'd be eating in there...
Thanks Eric but the place gets pretty shabby looking at times.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2011, 11:53 PM   #1503
bbc
1985 CJ7 

All this body work -do you have this thing into a rolling chassis yet? LOL
bbc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2011, 06:50 AM   #1504
Eaglekeeper
1986 CJ7 

Nice work Jim...Hope the big storms that tore up the west side of the state missed you.

A ton more pics here.
[URL="http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/a462/E9Eaglekeeper/"]http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/a462/E9Eaglekeeper/[/URL]
Eaglekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2011, 07:15 AM   #1505
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc View Post
All this body work -do you have this thing into a rolling chassis yet? LOL
Been working around money lately Eric. That's why the chassis isn't completely finished yet. I need to spend about 2K on the front end and just haven't wanted to do that yet. Hope to this summer though since that's really a big hold up right now. I also need to finish the cage and tie ins too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglekeeper View Post
Nice work Jim...Hope the big storms that tore up the west side of the state missed you.
Thanks Jody. That big storm was on the other side of the state from me. Joplin was bad. 83 dead so far. That area just got hit a couple of years ago too. We got some high wind here late yesterday evening that made me keep an eye out though. The air had a strange smell to it and their was an odd tint to the sky late in the evening. I walked outside to see how things looked and the clouds were like nothing I'd ever seen. I took a couple of pictures but they don't show just how dramatic the sky really was.

I don't know about anyone else but what is happening in nature with all the flooding, earthquakes, tornadoes, and such makes me feel pretty small and humbled. We are no match for these forces.
100_0796.jpg  

My build thread
Unread 05-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #1506
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Times like these make me glad I live in a desert
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2011, 03:14 PM   #1507
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

That's a bizarre sky. Kind of expect to see the Stay-Puff Marshmellow Man drop down!!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2011, 06:37 PM   #1508
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

I used some of the stripper on the fenders today to get most of the paint off them. They're in pretty decent shape. There is some surface rust that will get taken off with the sandblaster and one spot that had been filled at another time, nice job too. That spot was just a slight depression and not a repair of any kind, maybe even done at the factory. There's a few extra holes in the inner fender where someone had drilled for attaching the anti-theft system and I think I'll weld them shut.

I don't think I'll put a commercial theft deterrent in it this time around. I have that covered in ranges from .22 caliber on through 300 Weatherby magnum and various gauges of lead protection devices.
100_0799.jpg   100_0800.jpg  

My build thread
Unread 05-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #1509
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Been working around money lately Eric. That's why the chassis isn't completely finished yet. I need to spend about 2K on the front end and just haven't wanted to do that yet. Hope to this summer though since that's really a big hold up right now. I also need to finish the cage and tie ins too.

Thanks Jody. That big storm was on the other side of the state from me. Joplin was bad. 83 dead so far. That area just got hit a couple of years ago too. We got some high wind here late yesterday evening that made me keep an eye out though. The air had a strange smell to it and their was an odd tint to the sky late in the evening. I walked outside to see how things looked and the clouds were like nothing I'd ever seen. I took a couple of pictures but they don't show just how dramatic the sky really was.

I don't know about anyone else but what is happening in nature with all the flooding, earthquakes, tornadoes, and such makes me feel pretty small and humbled. We are no match for these forces.
OMG those are some text-book nasty mammatus cumulus clouds. The weather has been terrible this spring everywhere in North America it seems. I don't know if you've heard about Slave Lake, Alberta, but Karen and I worked there, built our first home and started our family there. 1/3 of the town is burnt down and our old home 20 km to the north is evidently threatened now.

I like your theory of lead protective devices, Jim.

I saw this on a thread somewhere on the forum and though is was appropriate. I hope you don't mind, Jim:

There's ying and yang and sometimes when they come together you just gotta go with it.
Unread 05-23-2011, 07:40 PM   #1510
mjfitz99
1986 CJ7 

That robber got what he deserved!
mjfitz99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2011, 07:52 PM   #1511
jcbjeep
1984 CJ7 

lol thats too good
jcbjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 07:18 AM   #1512
mvigo
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

next time I get to Augusta, GA I will be damn sure to watch my step!!! Bee-a-utiful! It also reminds me of my pal's brother's, who is a Marine sniper, motto is: "You can run, but you will be awfully tired when I kill you"...
1985 CJ-7, fuel injected 258, 2.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Lift, 1" Body lift, Crabtree Shackle Hangers, T-5, Dana 300 w/ 4:1 Teralow kit, Dana 30, AMC 20 w/1 piece axle, 3.73 's with Detroit Truetrac front and rear, riding on 32x11.5x15" Cooper Discoverer STT mud terrains
mvigo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 07:46 AM   #1513
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Thanks Jim. That is a good article. I really wish we'd put our Marines, and all of the rest of our enlisted folks in charge of a little more of our justice dispensation. I have a feeling the crime rate would drop and our jails and prsions would be less full.

Thanks for the info on the clouds. I looked them up afterwards and they are related closely to tornados, which I know you knew. It pays to know what to look for.

My build thread
Unread 05-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #1514
Capt_Drake
1986 CJ7 

That article is awesome!!

[CENTER]JOIN AND SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL CLUB![/CENTER]

[CENTER][url="http://www.norcaljeepers.co/"]NORCAL JEEPERS[/url][/CENTER]
[CENTER][URL="http://www.cal4wheel.com/"]CA4WDC[/URL][/CENTER]
[CENTER][URL="http://www.hi-landers.com/"]HI-LANDERS[/URL][/CENTER]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/1986-cj7-general-clean-up-frame-off-refurbish-restore-1176774/#post11103426"]My Clean Up / Refurbish Thread[/URL]
Capt_Drake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #1515
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Semper Fi, Baby...

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.