JF app woes .... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > JF app woes ....

Jeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFree Shipping on Soft Shackles

Unread 03-17-2015, 05:44 AM   #1
Jeepn-n-tx
I went by Mike Honcho...

1981 CJ7 

JF app woes ....

It really here to complain about the JF app ... I like using it, but I'm having issues & need help. I've already posted in the help section with no replies.

Trying to update my build thread & I can't upload photos. It will let me upload the first one but as soon as I click on the "+" then add photo from photo library the screen go black & the app freezes.

I'm running an iPhone 6, with the latest update. I've also trying uninstalling & reinstalling the app, as well as restarting the phone.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Anyone else running into this??

Jeepn-n-tx is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2015, 06:37 AM   #2
coachhick
1985 CJ7 

Mine does the same thing when trying to upload multiple photos. My fix was to upload 1 pic, post, then edit and upload 1 more, post, edit, upload another, etc. I also found yesterday that "uploading from camera" or taking the pics as you upload them will let you upload multiple ones.
Unread 03-17-2015, 08:56 AM   #3
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Same issues here......black screen of death if trying to upload more than 1pic at a time. I hope it's addressed as id rather not have to take pics and upload them as I build my jeep. I'd rather take them and edit my thread later that evening.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2015, 08:58 AM   #4
zillla
1975 CJ5 

I gave up on the app. It is not user friendly.. I have to flounder around just trying to locate my favorite foreum sections..
Unread 03-17-2015, 09:36 AM   #5
Jeepn-n-tx
I went by Mike Honcho...

1981 CJ7 

Thanks for the input coach & jeepwhore .... I'm glad I'm not the only one running into this issue. I was worried that it was some little setting somewhere I didn't know about, but I guess it's just a glitch. JW, I'm like you as well, I like to take picks as I go & upload them/ update my page in the evening while the kiddos are going to bed.

Honestly, this whole inconvenience thing is why I haven't updated my project page in a while. I've already finished up my HEI upgrade, installed an air horn (hehe) ... hell .... I've even bought another Jeep completely torn down to the frame & am starting a frame off resto-mod, but I haven't posted any of it b/c I can't get photos to load. I love JF & have been helped over & over by its users. I like to post & hope my posts help others, but it's just not worth it to go through all the craziness just to post up 3-4 pictures.

... JEEP FORUM IF YOURE LISTENING ..... FIX THIS PLEASE!!!!
Unread 03-17-2015, 10:19 AM   #6
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

I stopped using the Jeep app a couple of years ago, but I noticed that when accessing Jeepforum.com from my Android 4.4.2 phone, the website is formatted in a phone-friendly format that works pretty well.
Unread 03-17-2015, 10:34 AM   #7
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

I use the JF app to post short comments only.

If I need to upload pics, or post a lengthy reply, I do it from my computer. It takes about 10 seconds to load the pics from the phone to computer, and I like having multiple copies of the pics in case a device fails.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2015, 10:38 AM   #8
Jeepn-n-tx
I went by Mike Honcho...

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7
I use the JF app to post short comments only. If I need to upload pics, or post a lengthy reply, I do it from my computer. It takes about 10 seconds to load the pics from the phone to computer, and I like having multiple copies of the pics in case a device fails. Matt
Very true. Good point.

Keith, it's possible I don't like the mobile site just bc I don't use it much.
Unread 03-17-2015, 11:28 AM   #9
AZ_Chip

1978 CJ7 

JF app works great on my iphone 4. Not 4S, 5, or 6. Just a really old 4. I can post as many pictures as I want.
Unread 03-17-2015, 11:47 AM   #10
Jeepn-n-tx
I went by Mike Honcho...

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Chip View Post
JF app works great on my iphone 4. Not 4S, 5, or 6. Just a really old 4. I can post as many pictures as I want.
It was fine when I had my 5 .... I haven't had an update come through on te JF app in a long time ... maybe never. I have a feeling it's an app compatibility issue.

You JF guys listening???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.