Well, I've been absent for a while now. Just got back from seeing some sights abroad and am in need of working on my Jeep. Doesn't look like much but this is what I've accomplished over the past two days.
I installed three new grounding blocks at three different strategic points within the Jeep so I can have a good ground no matter what I put in it accessory wise. The first one is near the battery...
Number two is inside the firewall near the heater assembly...
And number three is under the left (driver's) fender well at the back near where the tail light is mounted (near where the roll over valve is). This is a shot looking up from the ground.
Next I needed to install the seat brackets and seats so I would know how much spacing I have between the seats in order to purchase the correct width Tuffy security console. But first I needed to clear out the holes where I rolled the Monstaliner on.
If you use the Corbeau A4 seats in a CJ-7, you have to purchase the seat brackets to go with it. My jeep needed the D124T (driver) and D125T (passenger) brackets.
These jokers were a bit of a pain to install because the holes didn't line up exactly as they should. But, nothing a rubber mallet couldn't handle. I beat them into submission, and everything got a fresh set of Grade 8 bolts.
The semi-finished product. Now I'm just waiting on the seat belt harnesses to come in so I can install them. I opted for the 3" 5-point harness belts with the camlock on them.
And...the better part of the day was spent removing the old bolts for the body bushings. I spent almost $60 in various nuts and bolts today at Ace Hardware. Once we got the old bolts removed (had to cut the one out from under the drivers seat), we were off to the races. This is a real crappy picture but the Yeti got 11 new polyurethane body bushings, all with Grade 8 bolts and washers. I had to reuse the two washers for the bushings just behind the front tires as Ace didn't have that size of washer. But a quick trip to the wire wheel station in the garage and they looked good as new.
And last but not least, the rear bumper was finally mounted.
This was a major pain, but it will look good after I clean it up.
Now I'm tired and it's time to grab something to eat and clean up. Lots of new parts arriving in the next few days. Oh, I almost forgot, I built a new wiring harness that goes from the firewall to the tail lights. I'll post some pics of that when I get it 100% completed (need to add a few connectors to finish it up). It's good to be back.