Jesse's CJ7 Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Jesse's CJ7 Build

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-23-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
maxamillion

1978 CJ7 

Jesse's CJ7 Build

well my wife got me another CJ for parts for my first one. i have my timeline of May/ June to get this done

cimg2210.jpg   cimg2211.jpg   cimg2248.jpg   cimg2253.jpg   cimg2260.jpg  

maxamillion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
maxamillion

1978 CJ7 

started the teardown of the other CJ finding alot of problems with this new one but we'll see what happens.
cimg2279.jpg   cimg2293.jpg   cimg2312.jpg   cimg2313.jpg   cimg2317.jpg  

Unread 12-23-2011, 11:03 PM   #3
maxamillion

1978 CJ7 

needed a break from pulling the other jeep apart so had the radiator out of Ole Red got a new one and was trying to think for the longest how to do a shroud for electric fan. tried it and hope it turns out good.
cimg2320.jpg   cimg2322.jpg   cimg2325.jpg   cimg2332.jpg   cimg2336.jpg  

Unread 12-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #4
maxamillion

1978 CJ7 

well got the body mounts off now the hard part of getting tub off with no hoist and no buddies around to help me. anyone got any ideas. then i gotta sell this frame and axles to make room for the other jeep to come in for strip down
Unread 12-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #5
maxamillion

1978 CJ7 

ok well ive been working on stripping body and doors to see the damage doors seem good now putting rustoleum auto primer on them to sell or maybe trade for half doors? dont know but body is disconnected from frame so now i can sell it all and bring the big red beast in here for next part of strip.

body is in no way perfect but its straight compared to my body on the red jeep with Character all over it. so figure some sheet metal pieces from Quadratec and rhino liner then it will be good again.
Unread 12-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #6
1ATony
Vendor
1997 ZJ 

The tear down looks like it's comming along pretty good.

Click Here^^ For a Great Selection Of Auto Repair Parts
CALL TOLL FREE 866-403-3393
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 05:03 PM   #7
maxamillion

1978 CJ7 

green doors are almost finished being sanded to metal and primer. how much should i ask for full doors they are in decent shape windows all there inside trim is there as well as door handles. im asking 700 this seems to be the going rate am i crazy heck ill settle with trade for half doors and maybe one or two hunskies? oh well hope this will be done tonight. got held up as my dog max had a seizure the other night so it was all night at emergency animal hospital then to his regular vet. all is good now back to the build
cimg2359.jpg   cimg2268.jpg  
Unread 01-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #8
maxamillion

1978 CJ7 

well hit a wall but got the tub ready to come off. hard to get it off by yourself, but where there is a will there is a way. so putting the highlift to use. the old fuel gauge wasn't working so assumed it was empty. Bad choice when had to pull out fuel tank had a huge fuel spill but cleaned and kept going. now i have to get rid of the frame and everything to pull the other jeep in to start tearing it down
Unread 01-05-2012, 07:07 PM   #9
maxamillion

1978 CJ7 

ok well been a couple days had a bit of a scare thought i was going to report to school alot sooner than origanlly thought and miss birth of our first child, but luckily there are still some people out there who still look out for you and are understanding. so hoping to get a new date soon. well i got the tub off. hope to be rid of everything but the tub so i can start the teardown of the big red jeep. the only issue im having is my body mounts on the green tub had to be cut off to get it off. am i crazy or do they make the bolts for the kit http://www.quadratec.com/products/55008_00.htm or am i going to have to find someone to make.
Unread 01-08-2012, 12:08 AM   #10
maxamillion

1978 CJ7 

ok got the tub off and out from over the frame. need this thing gone from my house for room to get the red jeep in to start of the tub. how much should i ask for a frame straight six t150 with a dana 20. i thought about keeping the frame but im sad enough im gutting my jeep for a new straight tub.
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #11
maxamillion

1978 CJ7 

well going to start on the other jeep today. pull it in the garage and start the tear down. army ingenuity we were able to get the green tub off the frame without the use of a cherry picker. high lift jacks stools and two 2x4's

my wife was saying how fun it would be to have the jeep with a lift this big. then i said i can get some duece and half axles for it.

pretty happy about getting that part done

she was saying how big of a mess the garage was but was happy the jeep was coming along
Unread 01-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #12
oilfieldhand
1976 CJ7 

I wish my wife would buy a jeep for me too start a build..lol..looks like you coming along well
oilfieldhand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #13
maxamillion

1978 CJ7 

yeah it was my Christmas present. shes been a good sport me living in the garage these days. been crazy trying to figure how to pull this off by myself, as most of my buddies PCS'd to different places.
- General George Patton Jr

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/je...build-1305180/

jeep cj part out http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f149/...p-cj7-1313023/
Unread 01-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #14
maxamillion

1978 CJ7 

ok so got the frame in the driveway hoping for someone to take this thing off my hands so i can start the next part. now i ran into another problem. the thing i hate the most about jeeps is the dad gum star bolts that you have to use to get anything off that always freaking strips. well wife ran to harbor freights for me and got a left hand drill bit set and nothing. drilled them out and darn thing is still stuck on. somebody help

Unread 01-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #15
maxamillion

1978 CJ7 

ok so started the teardown of the red jeep question i want to rhino line or something the tub of the jeep. what is the best to do

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.