jerky when in 4x4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > jerky when in 4x4

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-04-2002, 09:25 PM   #1
mattsjeep

jerky when in 4x4

When im in 4x4 my front left side grabs and jerks while driving. Any solutions?

mattsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2002, 09:04 AM   #2
CJeep
Alpha dog

1982 CJ8 

Sounds like you need to check the hubs, wheel bearings, and possibly the axle u-joints.

I'd jack up the front end and play around by spining the wheel (the other wheel should spin in the opposite direction). Yo may be able to hear/feel problems such as grinding or execssive play.

2004 Grand Limited 4.7 HO - OH Boy!

2010 Grand Laredo 5.7 Hemi - SICK - work vehicle -gone - replaced by an 08 Tahoe - nice ride.

"Both my Doberman and my Jeep can accurately be described as 'black and rust.'"

"I got a fever . . . and the only prescription is more cowbell"
CJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2002, 04:00 PM   #3
Jeep Daddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You sure that the front and rear gear ratio is the same? If you bought it used - you never know what the PO has done and neglected to tell you. I read a post earlier today about a guy that was going to try 4.88:1 in the rear to see if he likes it. If he doesn't, he's going to sell it and buy a different jeep. Now, do you think he's going to put back the 4.11:1 in the rear or go ahead and put the 4.88:1 in the front if he sells it? I dunno!!!!!
Unread 02-27-2002, 05:20 PM   #4
MR.CJ-7

I vote for axle u-joints

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.