I didn't get as far as I wanted on the rear axle since I need a spindle nut socket to finish it up.
I reinstalled both bearings, the inner hub seal, and attached the rotors and hubs.
I used a soft brass drift and small sledge to press the new wheel studs in:
Here is a pic of the snap ring which holds the outer wheel bearing in place:
Here is the inner wheel bearing:
Notice it is not seated all the way in. If you don't have a seal puller and you use a hammer and screwdriver to punch out the seal by hitting the bearing race, you'll need to re-seat the race. I used a punch and hammer to lightly tap around the edges of the race to re-seat it.
Here is the seal installed:
I used a hammer and 2x4 to drive it in. First I turned it in by hand until it was firmly seated in the hub, then I used a hammer to lightly tap one side in, then I lightly tapped the opposite side in, and finally placed the 2x4 on it and drove it in all the way.
I then rubbed a little gear oil on the seal and slid it onto the spindle:
Both hubs and rotors installed:
This is where I left the rear axle since I don't have the allen wrench needed to install the calipers and I don't have the spindle nut socket to fully install the hub.
Here is the front axle after removing the hubs, brakes, and knuckles:
I have a kingpin removal tool but since the kingpins are installed with 500-600 ft-lbs of torque, I'm going to have someone with the proper tools remove and install the new kingpins for me.
Here are the kingpin rebuild kits:
The lower arm bearings:
I'll be using the pirate 4x4 article as a guide to rebuilding. I'm also debating on going with high-steer arms so we'll see if it's in the budget.
Here are the painted knuckles:
Painted splash guards:
Painted caliper brackets:
I had the rotors turned and bought new calipers:
I also separated the outer stub axles and rebuilt them using my new 35 spline outers and 1480 u-joints (seen in my original post):
The long axle side looks the same. The only tools I used were a small sledge and screwdriver. The steps I used to install the u-joints:
1) Remove the caps from the new u-joints.
2) Place the u-joint into the ears of the axle stub.
3) Press on the caps by hand and then gently tap one of them with a hammer until it is seated enough to slip the snapring into place. Be careful not to dislodge the needle bearing inside the caps but mine are non-greasable so they came with enough grease.
4) After the snapring is seated, begin tapping the other cap into place and install its snapring.
5) Repeat the steps above for the other axle shaft.