Jeeputih in Bali - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Jeeputih in Bali

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 05-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
BagusJeep
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Jeeputih in Bali

My brother in law picked up this CJ-7 in Java a few weeks ago.

It is a 1984 CJ-7 with:

258ci 6 cylinder
Weber 2 barrel
Tubular headers
Custom exhaust (tooo bloody loud)
4 speed manual plus transfer box
Split rim alloys
Rebuilt body and frame - spotless underneath
Side flares
Side opening tailgate
Black painted bumpers
Tub from a Wrangler
6 point roll cage (custom fit)
Resprayed to a good standard
Bestop softtop (nearly new)
Rewired to a high standard
Alpine stereo and sound system
Rebuilt dash with electric cutoff
Monroe shocks
Unmarked seats with 4 point harnesses (pain in the neck)
Properly made custom floor mats

And wait for it:

Axles and springs and steering from Toyota FJ40 Landcrusier.

These axles are all rebuilt and heavier than the original Jeep axles but with drum brakes. So on one hand brilliantly strong but on the other alarming to use.

She is beauty but my first drive was marred by a tendency to dive to the left on braking and a severe misfire.

For US$30 my Jeep garage adjusted the brakes and cleaned the contacts to the igntion module. It now drives loud and fast but very well for such an old vehicle. The engine sputters a bit due to the carb which is proving hard to get right. My mechanc prefers my red Cj as it is original and he has no trouble with the Carter 2bbl.

It is now up for sale, 3 Jeeps at the house is 1 too many.

This is probably the cleanest Jeep I have seen, bar none. The PO was a lady in Government who used it occassionally on weekends, never offroad. Goodness knows how much was spent on it in its time as it has been done very well to a high standard.

Jeepputih by the way means White Jeep, instantly christened when it pulled alongside BagusJeep (beautiful Jeep, my red CJ-7) and Chokeep (wife's black 4.0l Cherokee)

As you can see it is a clean example:

Interior is absolutely mint:

and that troublesome Weber carb, $450 in Indonesia.

BagusJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
BagusJeep
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Can anyone identify this carb?

I tried to photograph the numbers and it may say
40 DCN 14 3N

on the side.

This is not a Weber model I am familiar with and it is not the one listed for a 258CI. I guess it is for something else and this may be the cause of the poor running.
BagusJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.