Jeep Wave Trumped..... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 45 Old 07-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Crazyray2929
1981 CJ7 

I've got the Jeep wave once..I've only had my CJ7 4 months..I pointed back at him and gave a nod..I didn't buy my Jeep to drive around town waving at the 100's of pavement pounders!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 Old 07-20-2009, 08:55 PM
bigredisb
1979 CJ7 

This is too funny. I used to have a 03 TJ with a few things done to it. Here in Wisconsin the wave is popular however if you a own the newest wrangler out you have to wave to everyone in the older styles first then receive the return wave, If you own a CJ you wave to no one until they wave to you. Its a sign of respect that you have spent more in parts than anyone!

As far as the other sex waving, flashing, and hooting and hollering so far the CJ WAY outdoes my TJ. My wife is completely baffled because she thinks the CJ is crappy since its mostly white, some primer, and some blue and people love it.
post #33 of 45 Old 07-20-2009, 09:29 PM
John N
1981 CJ8 

I'm in Hatteras this week, come back down and I'll wave at you....but I'll be in my Grand Cherokee, the CJ is at home.

'81 Scrambler w/ FI 360 AMC, 33x12.50 BFG M/T's, 5" of lift, ARB'd Dana 44's F & R, Dana 300 clocked & twin sticked w/4:1, Warn XD9000i, etc...
2002 Grand Cherokee Limited, 2008 Overland Grand Cherokee, a 1976 CJ-7 in pieces and 3 more off-brand 4x4s...............
John N

post #34 of 45 Old 07-20-2009, 09:54 PM
Elkhound
1985 CJ7 

lol this is crackin me up. My first 7 was a complete rustbucet it was a sorry jeep but I was always gettin the wave and it just cracked me up. I have since got another 7 thats lifted and looks good but it still gets the same looks as my rust bucket. Goes to show everyone loves a cj no matter the condition. Although I tipicly only wave to other cj's but will return from anoyone who is in a wrangler. but I forsure don;t wave to lifted station wagons (Cherokee's). Was at a wheelin party not to long ago and after I was done wheelin this guy who's a aquaintance comes up ansd proceeds to tell me how when his wife lits him lift his mommy missel how its gonna wheel like my lifted locked cj. I had a couple of beers and jokingly told him he didn't have a jeep and even if he lifted his over rated station wagon he would still not be able wheel with the cj. I just think its funny just cause there is 7 slots in your grill your grand cherokee is still not a true jeep. Just my opinion I have seen some nice cherokees but if you push a button to activate your 4x4 its not for me. not to mention why have a jeep that the top doesn't come off?
post #35 of 45 Old 07-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Deacon
Shining Adonis

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John N View Post
I'm in Hatteras this week, come back down and I'll wave at you....but I'll be in my Grand Cherokee, the CJ is at home.
I'll be out that way the third week of September. I will wave to every ****ing Jeep I see until one of them happens to be a local who'll wave back.
post #36 of 45 Old 07-20-2009, 10:19 PM
CJ7Rubicon

1985 CJ7 

I wave.

85 CJ7,Clifford equipped 258,TBI,RE4.5,35" Claws,Aussie lockers,8.8 rear.
Blue Jeep Club Member #134

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #37 of 45 Old 07-20-2009, 10:28 PM
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

I was out today in the TJ with mom and waved to 4 JKs none waved back. 2 TJs 1 waved back. 2 YJs and 1 waved back top and doors off but the other top up windows up and some old fat person driving.

One time I waved to a JK lifted and on 35s I think. They looked and were like who was that. I had a good laugh about that one.

- Daily Driver & Weekend Wheeler

- Slow
post #38 of 45 Old 07-20-2009, 10:36 PM
OlivergreenCJ7
2001 TJ Wrangler 

post #39 of 45 Old 07-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Deacon
Shining Adonis

2006 TJ Wrangler 

That's such crap. What axles you have, whether you've got lockers, etc, is meaningless. Is it a Jeep? Wave. Otherwise save your wave for lifted Jeeps that look like they get wheeled from time to time, fine. You can't see axles or engines or lockers or whatever else, and a trashed out beater Jeep isn't any more worthy of a wave than a built-up trail rig that's still kept looking fairly nice.
post #40 of 45 Old 07-20-2009, 11:21 PM
noflacko

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I always wave...and then my wife says,

"Honey, we're not in the Jeep today..."

Psalm 144:1 "Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle..." - SEMPER FI

Cleveland, TN Jeepers UNITE! Monthly meet-N-greet, every third Saturday at Jordan's BBQ!
post #41 of 45 Old 07-20-2009, 11:42 PM
mmerlina
Image Glassworks, Inc.

1986 CJ7 

I am always catching myself thinking about waving while driving the company truck around, or my car.. or anything.. spotting jeeps on the horizon becomes a habit.

Mike

1986 Jeep CJ7 (
)

Remanufactured 258, ARB lockers front & rear, 4.10 Yukon gears, 35x12.5" Super Swamper SSR's, Motorcraft 2100, 4.5" Rubicon Express Extreme-Duty lift, York 210 OBA, Big Daddy steering, Tatton rear CV driveshaft, Herculined interior, TJ flares, lots of body & upholstery work
post #42 of 45 Old 07-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Ford_Prefect
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
I just got my 2nd response wave from a Tj today. There were only two responses out of the thousands of TJ's i see. JK's i don't even really care if i get a wave back, cause who buys a jeep where the window does not fold down?

I get more waves(or flashing headlights) from lifted Broncos and trucks.
UUMMM HELLO... My windows do not fold down, and mine is an 84 CJ7, nither do mmerlina's windows, so what the heck are you talking about?

It is the most idiotic thing to get huffy about people with newer/older vehicles based only upon the age and your personal bias. Talk about supreme childishness.

Heck, I have said it before, I hardly wave to anyone. I only wave to built rigs, and even in Moab UT., and Ouray CO. where there are heavy concentrations of jeeps I still do not get people waving back, so who cares really.

If you can read this thank a teacher; if you can read it in English, thank an Airman, Sailor, Soldier or Marine
post #43 of 45 Old 07-20-2009, 11:51 PM
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

I plan on taking my ZJ out doorless on National Topless Day this winter. I'll probably cause a bunch of accidents and get weird looks, no waves.

Its odd because there are fewer than 10 modded ZJ's in my city and I know all of them, I think, half wave and the other half just gawk.
post #44 of 45 Old 07-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflacko View Post
I always wave...and then my wife says,

"Honey, we're not in the Jeep today..."
I've almost waved a few times in my little Geo Metro - red car with blue hood and light blue door... cheap beater for work..

Rick

1978 CJ5 5.0HO/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass body, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

post #45 of 45 Old 07-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Krackalacka
1977 CJ7 

National Topless Day!

When is National Topless Day? I need to know this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_Brown View Post
I plan on taking my ZJ out doorless on National Topless Day this winter. I'll probably cause a bunch of accidents and get weird looks, no waves.

Its odd because there are fewer than 10 modded ZJ's in my city and I know all of them, I think, half wave and the other half just gawk.

1977 CJ-7 4" Greasable Shackle Lift, family cage, stinger, soon to be some new gears.

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.