Jeep Stories - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Jeep Stories

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-02-2013, 01:23 AM   #1
greatnorthern
1976 CJ7 

Jeep Stories

Hey all,

We all have some stories as to why we love our Jeep. There's endless build threads and questions about all the strange problems that come up, but I figured to hear about what these old Jeeps really do.

My old CJ-7 just keeps on going. I'm not exactly a kid with all daddy's money to build a crazy off road rig, but my old Q-trac is my daily driver and I have plenty of stories. Drives my friends crazy when my old heap of Jeep starts up dead cold at twenty below, or when they get stuck in the ditch in the snow on the icy days. Worst that happened to me, I tipped the old thing over, but I tipped it back up and drove home. The old starter jammed and ripped all its own teeth off, but I replaced it right there in the adult shop parking lot in a matter of about half an hour. They get stuck in the mud in the fairground parking lot, and I'm the one to tow them out, and they still ask why I drive a Jeep. The old engine just won't die, no matter how broke I am, and despite the faulty gas guage, there always seems to be just that last little bit of fumes to get me to the Tesoro.

Unread 03-02-2013, 05:54 AM   #2
wellmax
1984 CJ7 

my old jeep pull out a stuck chevy 2x4 pickup once, two boys with there girlfriends.
girls were cheering my old jeep on as it growled and snorted, but it pulled them out of the ditch.

they really would have been cheering if they had known my old jeep was just a little 4 banger.

wellmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

I have an "antique" plate on my Jeep just for the pleasure of pulling the new stuff out of trouble. New means new, not necessarily better!

(Okay, it also keeps the heat off of me on the Interstate. When they pass me by I hope they have a bit more understanding and "sympathy" for the old fart )
Unread 03-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #4
johnlaw484
1975 CJ5 

I get a lot of question why I drive "that old Jeep" I just "Why not?", it works, gets me where I am going, I can work on it, it's paid for and it looks a hell of a lot cooler than your Hummer.
Unread 03-03-2013, 04:59 AM   #5
chooster5000
1981 CJ7 

I've been asked that a couple times myself, " why don't you trade that in for something newer". Believe me I've thought if it but I don't think I could after paying it off and putting my time and lots of money into it, still cheaper then buying a new one and insurance and reg is cheaper to.
Unread 03-03-2013, 05:47 AM   #6
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooster5000
I've been asked that a couple times myself, " why don't you trade that in for something newer". Believe me I've thought if it but I don't think I could after paying it off and putting my time and lots of money into it, still cheaper then buying a new one and insurance and reg is cheaper to.
I tell them I am getting a new Jeep. One part at a time.

Sent from my iPod touch using JeepForum

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.