jeep seats - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > jeep seats

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 09-10-2013, 06:29 AM   #1
sgtusmc_nc
1978 CJ5 

jeep seats

previous owner put after market seats in the jeep with what appears to be the correct mounting brackets but the drivers seat sits about 2 inches from the steering wheel aside from buying new seats is there a way to fix that? I took the seats and the mounts out and looked at removing the slider since the seats are all the way back anyway. but the bracket does not match up with the seat only.

any suggestions

sgtusmc_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 06:33 AM   #2
1983 CJ7 

Most report that aftermarket seats are quite a bit higher than the factory seats. When I bought my 83, I think it had Ford van seats and I had less than two inches of clearance.

It looks like the factory brackets could be cut and re-welded but it would be a pain in my opinion.
Unread 09-10-2013, 06:51 AM   #3
sgtusmc_nc
1978 CJ5 

i am a pretty good welder but yes I would like to avoid welding haha
sgtusmc_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #4
Hawk4097
1986 CJ7 

I have the best top seats they fit no problem and are not right on the steering wheel
Hawk4097 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.