Jeep salvage yard in Michigan?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Jeep salvage yard in Michigan??

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-24-2009, 03:58 AM   #1
Ziptie2k2
1986 CJ7 

Jeep salvage yard in Michigan??

I know this has been brought up before for a different area. Does anyone know of a yard near central lower Michigan? Sorry if this is a repeated thread. Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler View Post
where do you believe you go when you die?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchagrins View Post
you go in the ground, duh.....

Last edited by Ziptie2k2; 08-24-2009 at 03:59 AM.. Reason: wasn't finished
Ziptie2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2009, 04:03 AM   #2
wzvcfm
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziptie2k2 View Post
I know this has been brought up before for a different area. Does anyone know of a yard near central lower Michigan? Sorry if this is a repeated thread. Thanks in advance.
I've been just calling around the local yards. They've been cycling quite a few TJs and YJs through because of this cash-for-clunkers deal. I found a nearly intact TJ over at Tiger Auto Salvage in Flint just two weeks ago. You should give your local folks a call evey week and see what they have...that's what I do and it seems to work.
wzvcfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2009, 09:11 AM   #3
PavementPounder
Cool as Ice...

Michigan's biggest "salvage yard":

Wanted - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

<--- Click "Classifieds" under my avatar to see all my parts (mostly CJ & XJ) currently for sale on JeepForum!
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
tsalmeto
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ernie's Auto Parts 42800 Yost Rd Canton, MI 48188 (734) 397-1500
Last time I was there they had a few Jeeps. I saw 10 maybe.
tsalmeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2009, 08:05 AM   #5
mwhanson
1967 CJ5 

Hey Ziptie...Grand Rapids here...don't know of anything in MI, but for all Jeepers...here is a number of a guy name Frank in CT (I think), Jeeps are the only things he does, and he has a bunch! I bought a backing plate for the emergency brake on the 67 CJ. Number is 802-723-6597.
mwhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2009, 03:15 PM   #6
PavementPounder
Cool as Ice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhanson View Post
Hey Ziptie...Grand Rapids here...don't know of anything in MI, but for all Jeepers...here is a number of a guy name Frank in CT (I think), Jeeps are the only things he does, and he has a bunch! I bought a backing plate for the emergency brake on the 67 CJ. Number is 802-723-6597.
If you're in GR, you have to know Denny in Grand Haven, no? He goes by DMCJeep here on JF. He's his own mini-yard. You can also gind him on the Michigan link I posted under the same name.

<--- Click "Classifieds" under my avatar to see all my parts (mostly CJ & XJ) currently for sale on JeepForum!
Unread 09-06-2009, 06:55 PM   #7
mwhanson
1967 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavementPounder View Post
If you're in GR, you have to know Denny in Grand Haven, no? He goes by DMCJeep here on JF. He's his own mini-yard. You can also gind him on the Michigan link I posted under the same name.
Haven't heard of him...where's the link? I'm actually on the east side of Lowell, just said GR as it's easier.
mwhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2009, 09:47 PM   #8
PavementPounder
Cool as Ice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhanson View Post
Haven't heard of him...where's the link? I'm actually on the east side of Lowell, just said GR as it's easier.
In post #3 of this thread. Here's a link to the Main Forum Index:

Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - Powered by vBulletin

That's the Michigan-based site everyone jumped to when MichiganJeepers.com ceased to exist. Very high-traffic Marketplace.

Here's Denny's personal site. Its best to call him for the most current info:

Denny's Pole Barn - Used Jeep Parts

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.