jeep renegade question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > jeep renegade question

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 03-21-2003, 10:04 AM   #1
psyklone
1992 YJ Wrangler 

jeep renegade question

hey guys,

i'm looking at getting a jeep and i've got a question. the one i'm looking at is a '92 renegade. i'm going to want to trick it up a bit for offroading and so i've been looking at lift kits and jeep accessories in general but i never see anything that mentions renegades specifically. everything seems to be for wranglers, scramblers, etc. so i'm wondering if the renegade really doesn't have much you can do to it or is it just a wrangler with the wrap around fenders? also, if any of you guys have any experience with renegades i'd be very interested to know anything i should watch out for or any advice you can throw my way.

thanks!

-Z

psyklone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2003, 10:24 AM   #2
79Renegade

I thought they quit making Renegades in the 80's. Like maybe 86, the last year of the CJ.
I believe the Wrangler was introduced in 1987. I don't think they classified them as Renegades.

Just my .02

Greg
79Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2003, 12:29 PM   #3
OldJeepguy
1979 CJ7 

The Renegade was offered in the YJ model years - It has much larger fender add-ons...

Here is what it looks like:

Renegade
Unread 03-21-2003, 12:33 PM   #4
CJeep
Alpha dog

1982 CJ8 

Yes, there is a YJ (Wrangler) Renegade. It has funky body mouldings and intigrated fog lights in the front fenders. All mechanical YJ Wrangler stuff will work on the Jeep in question , but stuff like bumpers will not

I suggest you seek out the advice in the Wrangler forum (becuase they know more about, not because we don't want you here.

EDIT: you beat me to it!
10.07.02.luca.jeep.wrangler.yellow.92.front-1-.jpg  

2004 Grand Limited 4.7 HO - OH Boy!

2010 Grand Laredo 5.7 Hemi - SICK - work vehicle -gone - replaced by an 08 Tahoe - nice ride.

"Both my Doberman and my Jeep can accurately be described as 'black and rust.'"

"I got a fever . . . and the only prescription is more cowbell"
CJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2003, 12:59 PM   #5
psyklone
1992 YJ Wrangler 

alright ... that points me in the right direction. i'll go hit up the wrangler guys and see what they've got to say.

thanks!

-Z
psyklone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2003, 08:12 PM   #6
79Renegade

My mistake Sorry! I've never heard of those before.
I just learned something new myself.

Greg
79Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.