jeep heater box's for sale - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > jeep heater box's for sale

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 01-04-2014, 04:17 PM   #46
lugnut28

1985 CJ7 

The "roll" didn't have any damage that I could see but some padding would have been nice.

lugnut28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 05:16 AM   #47
RWise
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut28 View Post
The "roll" didn't have any damage that I could see but some padding would have been nice.
That says it was that way when packaged! I have contacted the seller and he is offering a partial refund or send it back. Said he did not know it was rat damaged,,, WTF,,, this crap had to be spilling out of it when packaged! Myself I would have reathered he contacted me and said something like, Hey man this unit is damaged and I dont have anymore, would you like to terminate the sale? At least I would have avoided the waist of time! The doors inside is why I wanted it in the first place, its cold outside, and a fast out and back in sounded good! Hey if I send this one back maybe he can send you the case,,, with the 2 you could have a nice unit!
RWise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 08:22 PM   #48
DefconCJ
1978 CJ7 

Man that sucks guys! The one I got was in great shape, but I will say the packaging wasn't the best.
DefconCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2014, 09:41 AM   #49
RWise
1981 CJ5 

He should be getting it back today, and I have pulled the one from my 7 to rework. Maybe he can replace that broken case now,,, I wish it had been it better shape!
Unread 01-20-2014, 01:31 PM   #50
Ismellbacon

Well, I bought one and I am sure they are all coming from omix Ada as mine came in a new rugged ridge box and the box inside that box was beat to hell and waterlogged. The heater box itself appears to be in fine condition minus the surface rust on the steel backing plate. A new blower motor was obviously installed. I will try to include a picture. My understanding from you guys, is that this should work as a direct replacement for my OEM box in my 1980 CJ5?
Ismellbacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2014, 05:14 AM   #51
RWise
1981 CJ5 

Yep! It looks like all that the blower sticks trough the fire wall are all the same unit.

I got a full refund including return shipping! I did not mention the water damage, the rat nest was enuf. I suggested he use it to replace the broken parts for you guys!
Unread 01-23-2014, 06:12 AM   #52
Ismellbacon

Who was your drop shipper? Funny thing is that the crap box inside the new rugged ridge box had a rugged ridge sticker with the new/part number on it
image-2966611826.jpg

image-2803614744.jpg

image-1396995468.jpg

image-667959523.jpg

Unread 01-23-2014, 06:15 AM   #53
Ismellbacon

No rats nest, thought a black widow or brown recluse might crawl out! I hate f***ing spiders.
image-2519310223.jpg

Unread 01-23-2014, 06:36 AM   #54
Ismellbacon

Can any one confirm if the one I showed with pics will be a direct replacement for my 1980 CJ 5. It obvious has a new blower unit installed
Unread 01-23-2014, 06:38 AM   #55
Ismellbacon

And where does that foam ring with sticky backing I found at the bottom of the box belong?
Unread 01-24-2014, 10:02 AM   #56
DefconCJ
1978 CJ7 

How long ago did you get that? Is it from the same listing that i originally posted? The posting said new old stock which is what i recieved....not old stock/ refurb with a new motor installed.

Actual YJ and cj heater boxes are different because of the cable pull setup. Show a pic of the front of your heater box.
Unread 01-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #57
Ismellbacon

It had the same part number on it that the rest of you discussed.
Here are some pics.
image-1384614780.jpg

image-3732426517.jpg

Unread 01-24-2014, 11:35 AM   #58
Ismellbacon

Defcon I recieved it about 3 weeks ago and I do not believe it was the same vendor you used, but I will get the name. Like.said I think it was drop shipped fr Omix ADA.
Unread 01-24-2014, 12:16 PM   #59
DefconCJ
1978 CJ7 

What you have is a yj heater box .... I havent tried to fit a yj box in a cj but someone in the forum has. Im sure itll require a little shade tree engineering and cable shortening/lengthening.
Unread 01-24-2014, 12:27 PM   #60
Ismellbacon

Great Defcon, you just ruined my day. I purchased it because it listed the same part number that started this thread. So I thought I was golden. I thinks Me been had.can you please post a pic of what it should look like. From all sides? Thanks Pete

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.