jeep heater box's for sale - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > jeep heater box's for sale

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #16
RWise
1981 CJ5 

Did you ask the seller for a replacement? It can be re-soldered, sounds like no QC,,,,

RWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #17
TRUVOL
1985 CJ7 

Yep got a lifetime warranty.
TRUVOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #18
DefconCJ
1978 CJ7 

Got the new heater box and components hooked up the other day and everything works great! I was thinking about upgrading the blower motor since I've got a blazer motor but decided against it for now....i feel bad chopping up a new heater box.
DefconCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #19
MoC
Web Wheeler

1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefconCJ
Got the new heater box and components hooked up the other day and everything works great! I was thinking about upgrading the blower motor since I've got a blazer motor but decided against it for now....i feel bad chopping up a new heater box.
The motor bolt right up to the heater box, it's the hole for the motor in the firewall that needs to be opened up.
Unread 12-21-2013, 02:09 AM   #20
RWise
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefconCJ View Post
Is this one from the bay?

This being advertised for wranglers, is the blower the same, did it get an upgrade or carry over the same old problem/s? Or is it NOT a wrangler part at all?

Some do mod the box to pull inside air, as I may be doing as well, whether its one of the new units or one from my yard.
Unread 12-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #21
DefconCJ
1978 CJ7 

Yes this is the n.o.s. from the bay. My old box had the motor and fan upgrade already done and I thought about switching them over before I put the new box in, which would have caused me to open up the area for the fan....so I decided against it...I'm glad I did because it's really not necessary for our central Texas weather.

It's nice having everything work like it's supposed to...without having to "bang here and pull that knob just right, while you pull this knob just right"
Unread 12-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #22
DefconCJ
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWise View Post
Is this one from the bay?

This being advertised for wranglers, is the blower the same, did it get an upgrade or carry over the same old problem/s? Or is it NOT a wrangler part at all?

Some do mod the box to pull inside air, as I may be doing as well, whether its one of the new units or one from my yard.
Yes this is the one advertised for wranglers as "export model" but it is not. It is for later CJ's. Unless some YJ's were exported with cj pull knobs.

The blower is the same. and as for pulling inside air. you can mod the box and put a bigger fan to pull more air as was done to my old box.
Unread 12-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #23
DefconCJ
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
The motor bolt right up to the heater box, it's the hole for the motor in the firewall that needs to be opened up.
Yes I've done the mod a few times, sorry I wasn't clear, but I would have done the fan upgrade as well while it was out which would have required me to cut out a little bit of the box behind the fan cover.
Unread 12-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #24
TRUVOL
1985 CJ7 

Got it done. Works great. I haven't leaked checked it yet or even turned the jeep on to see if the fan picks up faster with the alternator going. Just checked it with battery.
Unread 12-23-2013, 04:54 AM   #25
TRUVOL
1985 CJ7 

Man this mod was worth it. Awesome.
Unread 12-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #26
RWise
1981 CJ5 

Only 2 left, 1 is now on its way to me! And I will be moding it
Unread 12-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #27
TRUVOL
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
You might want to cut the holes out on your firewall for the heater core bigger or make the 2 holes into 1. The vibration might cause the tubes to rub against the metal on your firewall causing a leak and you having to pull the heater box back out to replace the heater core. It will be easier to install as well.
Unread 12-24-2013, 02:24 AM   #28
RWise
1981 CJ5 

That is likely to happen, I do like easy, even if it takes more work!

Has anyone looked at making the blower opening large enuf so the blower could be changed without pulling the whole unit? It would be a large whole to cut, but I could take the old housing, cut it up for a patern to lay out the hole from the inside. Of course one would still have to pull it to change the core,,,,

seller said he would give 30 days warrentee.
Unread 12-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #29
DefconCJ
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Awesome! The seller spoke a little broken but seemed nice enough...mine arrived just as described.
Unread 12-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #30
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Hey, for you guys that bought this Heater Box Assembly, do us all a favor and get some specs on the gasket seal that is on top of Damper Housing as shown in the picture. These are not available anymore from the dealer and no aftermarket versions can be bought either.

If we can get thickness and size that would be great. Type of material etc. Maybe trace it out with some measurements and then I could make up a drawing with the correct material so everyone who needs them can make them.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.