Jeep Clinic Set For Memorial Day... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Jeep Clinic Set For Memorial Day...

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-06-2010, 10:31 PM   #16
DuggerCJ
1975 CJ5 

JH,
if you have the gears....Id love to get my front diff fixed (if you can help that is :-). just let me know how much etc.

I have some Jeep parts I can probably bring.

id also like to do the team rush upgrade on my newly rebuilt I6. Ill see about getting the parts.

and hey man....thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Unread 05-24-2010, 08:23 PM   #17
mr_penguin
1983 CJ7 

Wow, I wish I had read about this sooner... I just started the TBI conversion on my jeep, and I don't think it will be done by next weekend. Unbelievable opportunity though. I may drive down just to watch and learn from all of the others! I won't be camping though. Done that, don't want to again .
mr_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #18
Roadymi
1982 CJ7 

Hammer.....I know this doesn't help you out much but if you do this again next year I'm in. My rig just isn't quite far enough along to justify dragging it that far. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to pay you off that case of beer I owe you.
Unread 05-24-2010, 09:50 PM   #19
jatepper
1985 CJ7 

Wish I wasent in AZ for this one. Take lots of pics. Great initiative!
Automatic-258 I6- Detroit lockers front/rear - Superior 1-piece axles, Ramsey Pro 9000 Winch, Quick Disconnects, 33 BFG AT's, 4.10 gears, Howell TBI, DUI HEI Ignition, Ground Pounder Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Combo, Handen Fab integrated winch plate front bumper w/hoop, ORF weld-in front sport cage.

USMC 1999-2004 Semper Fi!

Hood Hi-Lift Jack Mounts for CJ/YJ/TJ/JK

Torchmate CNC Plasma Table Build / Projects

The Target Man, LLC - AR500 Shooting Targets
jatepper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2010, 05:08 AM   #20
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuggerCJ View Post
JH,
if you have the gears....Id love to get my front diff fixed (if you can help that is :-). just let me know how much etc.

id also like to do the team rush upgrade on my newly rebuilt I6. Ill see about getting the parts.

I keep forgetting to look at that old axle,
I'm fixing to get with it this morning, and I'll put it on the list for this morning right after COFFEE!

Can't start the morning without some blood thinner, and the little woman frowns on me drinking Jack Daniels before noon...
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2010, 05:13 AM   #21
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatepper View Post
Wish I wasent in AZ for this one. Take lots of pics. Great initiative!
Wish I'd known it was going to MONSOON here for a week and a half during the 'Build & Load' stages of this project!
Should have really started looking for something to drive and not waited until two weeks before the event!

Anyway, it's a good opportunity to wheel some, camp out some, meet some new friends and piss off the old friends!

Looks like we are supposed to have pretty good weather, although RedBird is going to be MUDDY, they got the same rain I did, and my yard is still SOGGY!
Looks like we are going to the car wash to take showers!
Unread 05-25-2010, 06:22 AM   #22
twoleos617
1986 CJ7 

I'm all in!
I'll have the CJ in tow and will be there Sat morning.
I'm going to get tow hitch and tow lights today, do an oil change, take inventory of camping goodies, and I'll be on the road! Cant wait!

To reiterate for the 1,067th time, when towing...
remove rear axle, xfer in N, trans in 5th, remove neg batt cable, key to Run and go??

Mike D.
twoleos617 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2010, 08:11 AM   #23
78treehugger
1980 CJ7 

I wouldn't remove the rear axle!

It's easier to get forgiveness than permision.
Salad is what food eats!!!
http://emptypocketsoffroad.org/
78treehugger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2010, 08:13 AM   #24
twoleos617
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78treehugger View Post
I wouldn't remove the rear axle!
DOH! lmao!

...of course i meant drive shaft!

Mike D.
Unread 05-25-2010, 08:26 AM   #25
Trapshooter
1986 CJ7 

Jeephammer....hope your event is well attended. If I wasn't all the way out in Oregon I would love to attend. It would be great to meet some of the gang here on the JF.

Take tons of Pics so those of us out here in the "Wild West" can feel even more jealous we aren't closer!!
'86 CJ7, 258, Carter BBD, Nutter'ed, TeamRush'ed, T-18, Twin Sticked Dana 300, D30 Frt-Pwr Lok L/S-4.10, AMC 20 Rear-Mosers-Detroit Locker-4.10, 2.5 BDS Lift, 1" Body Lift, 33" Wild Country M/Ts, Black Spoke wheels

'45 CJ2A, L134 Go Devil, T-90 Tranny, Warn O/D, T-18 T-Case, Dana 25 Frt, Dana 41 Rear, 531st CJ made

My 401 build: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/trapshooters-401-build-1338277/[/url]
Trapshooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #26
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadymi View Post
Hammer.....I know this doesn't help you out much but if you do this again next year I'm in. My rig just isn't quite far enough along to justify dragging it that far. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to pay you off that case of beer I owe you.
I'd like to do something like this every year,
Swap meet, weekend wheeling, camping, over eating, staggering around in camp (NO STANDING IN THE FIRE OR I'LL LAUGH AT YOU!)

About every other forum has an unofficial 'Outing' every year,
Last weekend was the ORC SWB 'Bash' at the 'Badlands',
They were trying for Land Between The Lakes in Ky,
But it was under water!

I'm sure someone can help out with helping to organize this next year,
Being this small, and being the first year, I'm taking it all on myself,
But if it gets bigger, then I'm sure I'll need help (It's about to kill me this year! The weather hasn't cooperated one minute this year so far, and everything I own is broken!)

Now that it's off the ground, it will either 'Fizzle' or it will take off,
Either way, I think I've done my part for this year!

-----------------------------------------------------

As for me,
Still trying to get brakes and a fuel tank...

Everything I've gone to do I've had to do three or four times.
Master cylinder was out 5 times, (Switching from 4 wheel drums to front discs),
Still can't get it to work with my brake light switch...
So it looks like no brake lights on this trip, I'm tired of fooling with it here,

Front axle out twice,
Used gears, so I set the lash up too tight and had to move some shims around...
That's what happens when you get into a hurry and forget you are working with used parts...
It's a Dana 30, no sense in putting new expensive parts into a Dana 30 other than U joints and maybe a $200 'Lunch Box' locker...

Stub axles need to be swapped yet again,
I got in a hurry and put the drum brake stub axles on my shafts, so now I need to take them off again and put the disc brake stub shafts on...
Wish I'd pay more attention to what I'm doing than trying to do 50 things for people at the same time...
Interruptions are what causes most of my 'Issues'!

Still have to put the fuel tank in, which requires dropping the rear springs/shackles from the frame hanger to get it in,
Got the electric wires, fuel lines attached, got it in the skid plate which I had to modify to make it fit, I couldn't find a skid plate for this old clunker,
Then found out the tank won't fit past the spring shackles/bolts!...
That's what I get for trying to hurry things along and waiting until the last minute to do anything!

And now it looks like I'm needing to redo the brake lines in the front again...
Kind of got a pry bar against them... (my fault, was pissed off and didn't pay attention)
Brake lines only work when something can get through them!

Should have done a tie rod flip with the lift springs I'm using, but that will have to wait until I get back also...

Just one screw up after another around here!
On top of everything else, my garage air compressor sprung a leak, so I'm using the little compressor on the Jeep,
Then I have to steal a 'Whip' hose off it to work in the trailer because I gave away all my extra whips to people on the forums and I forgot to steal more at work!

Anyway, looks like I *MIGHT* actually have something to drive this weekend if things don't just blow up around here, or we don't get floods again!

If this turd blows up or something, I'm going to make a hog roasting pit out of it!
I've got a 360 in the garage, but I need to de-tune it for this little CJ if I decide to put it in there... It's fairly well built and I'll scatter parts all over the place with that T-150/Dana 30!

Too much trouble to change cams and stuff...
Though I might use the 'Tired' 360 out of my FSJ in the little Jeep,
And put the built 360 in the FSJ, but I'm not tackling that swap in the next two days! I've screwed myself enough for this week!

Last edited by JeepHammer; 05-25-2010 at 10:49 AM..
Unread 05-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #27
DuggerCJ
1975 CJ5 

I ordered teamrush upgarde parts a few minutes ago from my local Napa (here in Linton). I have an appt at the exhaust shop at 2 today so they can run exhaust from my dual headers out the back. I should be ready by this weekend. If possible .....I would like help dialing in the timing a little better. It is a newly rebuilt 258, and I screwed up by installing a timing cover with marks on the opposite side of the motor that they needed to be (this was the cover on the motor that was included when I bought the Jeep a while back). My buddies and I have dialed in the timing pretty closely using a vaccum timing gauge and by using our ears, but may need tweeked a little.

will the napa plug wire set "BEL700444" work with the team rush? (I have an accel coil which looks like the stock coil)

thanks!
Unread 05-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #28
twoleos617
1986 CJ7 

Whats the head count so far?

Mike D.
Unread 05-25-2010, 01:45 PM   #29
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer View Post

Can't start the morning without some blood thinner, and the little woman frowns on me drinking Jack Daniels before noon...
If you start before it gets light, It counts as the night before.

bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2010, 03:11 PM   #30
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuggerCJ View Post
JH,

Axle I have is 3.54:1 gear set (46-13), needs pinion and axle seals, but it goes cheap.
If 3.54 will do you any good, I'll bring it with,
If not, I'm not going to load it on the trailer.

-----------------------------

Four or Five are swearing they are showing up,
Another few say it depends on the weather, if the little woman will let them go, ect.

Some guys from the other forums say they *Might* show up,
But if no one comes, I'll have plenty of time for my junk and wheeling, so it won't be a loss to me!
I'm going wheeling if at all possible!

Not going to be like the last time I was up there with a buddy of mine, There 10 minutes, first obstacle on the trail and we broke an axle!
I'm taking parts, tools and replacements!

He didn't have tool or spare part One in the vehicle!
Cost us $20 to get in and were there for 20 minutes including Unloading and Loading the vehicle!
Those days suck, but still better than working in some cubicle!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.