Jeep CJ7 - Lokar shifter question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Jeep CJ7 - Lokar shifter question

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 02-17-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
Waltallshy
1982 CJ7 

Jeep CJ7 - Lokar shifter question

Do you have to drop the transmission to mount the tranny mount shifter brackets or can you get to everything bolted up? The Lokar looks like the ticket for my jeep.

Waltallshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

What trans are you running and which Lokar shifter? I would assume you would have to drop your skid plate and lower the back down a bit if your putting in for an Auto the manual should be able to be replaced just by removing the tunnel cover.
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
Waltallshy
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakra View Post
What trans are you running and which Lokar shifter? I would assume you would have to drop your skid plate and lower the back down a bit if your putting in for an Auto the manual should be able to be replaced just by removing the tunnel cover.
That would help wouldn't it?
TF 727 trannsmisson 16 inch tranny mount shifter with link not cable.
Waltallshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 03:07 PM   #4
jksull
1985 CJ7 

I just put one on mine
You could do it with the tranny in place but you might be mad before you finish.
The skid plate will have to come off or you wont be able to reach all of the linkage.
Unless your arms are 4' long and have more joints than mine do.

Keep us posted I could not get park and low to work like I wanted.
I have it adjusted now but it does not want to come out of park because of the front connector arm angle.
Partly because of the shifter hitting my console in first gear and the dash in park
jksull is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.