Jeep cj7 3 inch body lift with fan cooling issues. Plz help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Jeep cj7 3 inch body lift with fan cooling issues. Plz help

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
Patrick14
1981 CJ7 

Jeep cj7 3 inch body lift with fan cooling issues. Plz help

I put a 3 inch body lift in my cj7 but now my fan is hittingy rad. Any ideas what to do plz help

Patrick14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #2
melancholy35
1985 CJ7 

You need new motor mounts. Quadratec sells a set that will raise your motor. Just my 2 cents
melancholy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:12 AM   #3
hotrod351
1955 M-38 

thats just one of the problems they dont tell you about a body lift. might get a smaller fan and add a electric fan in the front as a pusher. i have a similar problem having a 350 sbc in my old 55 cj. so small fan and big electric fan.
hotrod351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
PERK
1983 CJ7 

did you lower the radiator 3 " ?
PERK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
Tigerjeep79

1979 CJ7 

Body lifts look good on paper! Easy and cheap, right? I'm not razzin' you, it's just that I've been there before.
Tigerjeep79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by melancholy35 View Post
You need new motor mounts. Quadratec sells a set that will raise your motor. Just my 2 cents
A motor mount lift might help but I don't know of anyone that makes a 3" MML

Quote:
Originally Posted by PERK View Post
did you lower the radiator 3 " ?
^^ This. There should have been 4 brackets included in the kit. They are a piece of flat bar with either a hole on each end or a hole on one end and a stud welded to the other (spaced 3" apart). They get bolted to the grille where the rad mounts and then the rad is attached on the lower set of holes/studs. This solves not only the issue of the fan hitting but also corrects your coolant level.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.