I figured with all my redundent posts about stuff, Ill make a build thread and post pictures and detail everything. This is not a full frame off, but due to lack of room, it will be very close. Heres the first of the postings. I picked this up for the cost of 2 tanks of gas because the guy wanted off his land. I since pulled the motor because it was seized. The po let it overheat and drove it home with the temp gauge pegged. With the motor out, learning about cj7s having only owned an early 5 myself, I nuttered it and cleaned up the engine compartment signifigantly. The motor is at a machine shop getting bored 40 over and pics of reassembly of the motor will come. I borrowed my friends sand blaster and went to town on the engine compartment cleaning up the rust and trying not to damage any of the firewall rubber. If I have to replace it, I will later. I also blasted all the little components, primed and painted them with engine enamel. I am still working on cleaning the radiator. I blasted and painted all the little brackets that go onto the motor which again will be seen during reassembly. I used a rust converter primer sealer on the firewall to prevent further rust. I used duplicolor bed armor on the firewall and inner fender wells because they claim oil and gas resistant. I reassembled the engine compartment with the small stuff after they were clean and painted like washer bottle, battery box, ign control module, bell crank for the clutch.... stuff like that. should have the motor done and ready in a couple of days. Let me know how im doing.
yep. I figured being a southern jeep, I only have a few rust cancer spots to address. I did do the tranny front input seal and took a look from the inside to see that there were no issues and it was still full when I emptied it.
took some detailed pictures of the rust trouble spots, interior, underneith trouble spots, blasted and coated my gas tank skid, and spent countless hours cleaning my manifolds and painting my exhaust manifold.
Engine looks good. Cancer in all the usual places. Take out your front seat belts and dig. Around the bottom of the b pillar with a screw driver, also the same area from underneath. You may find that all rotted out
finished everything up granted I know eventually i will need an air duct but, I got her running and the carb adjusted after a rebuild to where it idles at 620 rpms. I still need to adjust the timing because there is an annoying timing knock at idle but is still very responsive. I will be getting a timing light tomorrow. Also it could use another alternator. because there is an annoying howl in mine but it charges at 14 volts exactly. Its team rushed and nuttered with replacment coil and ICM.