Jacks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Jacks

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-31-2004, 10:05 AM   #1
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Jacks

Where, besides ebay, can I find an OEM style jack for a CJ7? They aren't easy to find. Plus, I've never seen one in person, so I wouldn't know if I found one that was interchangeable. I'm waiting for the day that I have a flat tire and no jack. I considered getting one of the hi-lift jacks, but I don't want to mount it on my front bumper or anywhere else hanging off the outside of my jeep (daily driver). Any thoughts on either of these matters?

jeepsarecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2004, 10:13 AM   #2
MudMonster

Ive got what im almost positive is the OEM jack that fits in the little strap behind the pass wheel well.

[COLOR=red][B][SIZE=3]RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #78[/SIZE] [/B] [/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=red]BIG GUNS[/COLOR] [COLOR=white]AND[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]JEEP[/COLOR] OWNERS OF AMERICA CLUB MEMBER #3[/B]
[B][COLOR=Red]Red[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue] Neck [/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Jeep[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue] Club[/COLOR][COLOR=White]Member#27[/COLOR][/B]Fire Engine Red '85 CJ-7, Howell FI-258, T-176, D300, 9", Warn Internal Hubs, Wagoneer front springs, RE Wrangler's in the rear, 33" TrXus', HEI conversion, Taurus fan, no emissions junk, and some 150w daylighters
MudMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2004, 10:22 AM   #3
JoeCJ
1981 CJ7 

I keep one of those hydraulic cylinder jacks (and a few blocks of wood) in a trunk behind my rear seat. I find lifting with the tall cylinder much more convenient than the OEM jack, even with my stock suspension. But it's a good idea to place the OEM jack (or some other jack stand) under the vehicle before removing wheels, just in case. I haven't always done that, though.
Unread 03-31-2004, 10:39 AM   #4
T Hoff
1975 CJ5 

Like JOECJ, I have a bottlejack in the box under the passenger seat. They are very small. a few blocks of wood and that jack.
the 1991 X is my newbie with 331K on the clock: bought OCT.'03 with 183K
http://home.lyse.net/brox/TonyPage4.html
T Hoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2004, 03:57 PM   #5
OL YELLAH

I'm pretty sure I have the original jack in my Jeep. It's a scissor jack driven with a power screw. I actually analyzed it in an engineering design class earlier this semester. If anyone would like to know there's a Factory of Safety of 2 on it considering the compression members in buckling.
[B]1979 Jeep CJ-5; 1972 258 (Pacesetter Header, Weber Carb, Wrangler Aluminum Intake, 2.5" Exhaust Straight Through w/ Thrush Mufflers); 2.5" BDS Lift; 1" Daystar Body Lift, Herculiner; RJS Belts; 33" Interco Trxus M/T Tires; Xtreme Alloy Wheels; 2.5" Perfomance Wheel Spacers; TFI Upgrade.[/B]
OL YELLAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2004, 09:50 PM   #6
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Hoff
Like JOECJ, I have a bottlejack in the box under the passenger seat. They are very small. a few blocks of wood and that jack.

And that doesn't interfere with the seat lifter? If not, I could easily go that route.
jeepsarecool is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.