J20 Steering Box Upgrade - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > J20 Steering Box Upgrade

New Product Release: Flowmaster CA Legal Direct-Fit CatalyPartsHubDirect: Hella LED Lighting, HID Xenon, Headlamps, Hella Rallye 1000 Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Black Magic Halog

Unread 06-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #46
aggiejon
1979 CJ7 

So I'm going to have to resurrect this old thread here for a bit.....after my PS box on my CJ started leaking, I decided to make the swap. Bought a reman'ed J20 box (fingers crossed that it is in fact a J20 and not something else, but still better than what I currently have, a leaky box) and mounted it up. My PS coupler doesn't work on the input, no surprise there as that was discussed in the swap. The coupler is larger than the input shaft on the gearbox.

So I want to confirm that before I drop $40 more bucks on this and/or dig through my box of misfit parts for my manual coupler (from when I swapped from manual to power two years ago) that the manual coupler is smaller than the power steering coupler? The input shaft on the gearbox measured a shade under 3/4", as mentioned above by JeepnTXJ, 0.720" would be about right.

aggiejon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #47
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Yes, you need a manual coupler.

Sent from my iPod touch using JeepForum
Unread 11-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #48
supersport126
1984 CJ7 

I'm about to redo my steering also. I already have the MORE HD bracket and all new tie rod ends to slap on after the box gets swapped out. Great info here fellas!
supersport126 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.