I've Got Ta Have More Power!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > I've Got Ta Have More Power!!

Complete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.comEnd of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 12-12-2002, 09:19 PM   #1
JoKing045

I've Got Ta Have More Power!!

OK everyone I have yet another question for you all. I have many accessories running in my Jeep CJ-7 I just addes in a CB and I have fog lights a sound system, looking to add more lights, and I want to be able to have a power inverter for those times when you just need an outlet. Now I currently am running al of this off of the one battery and I know I am pushing things I would like to and have been looking into putting in an additional battery. My question is: is there anyone out there who has done this before and knows how to do it, or if there is anyone out there who has an article or step by step instructions on how to do it. I would appreciate it if you could mail,. email, or fax it I would more than be willing to pay for shipping I just really need a step by step on how to do this. I am not familiar with electrical but I CAN DO ANYTHING I PUT MY TIME AND MIND to. So I'm not scared to do it anyways I want to make sure everything still works afterwards and that when my engin is running it is able to charge both batteries and maintain voltage on both. I would like to run my engin off of one of the batteries and then have all my accessories running off of the other battery. If anyone knows please respond.

Email me at: JoKing045@msn.com

1986 CJ-7 (completely stock)
258 I6 2bbl carb
JoKing045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2002, 09:24 PM   #2
SamFromCO

Go to Google.com and do a search for "dual batteries in a CJ". You'll find a lot of articles on the subject. I made my own tray out of 1" X 1" angle iron and used AutoZone hold downs.
SamFromCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2002, 11:03 PM   #3
Jeep Daddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You can go to just about any camper RV store and they sell everything you need there. Personally I wouldn't go that route. I've seen cool dual battery setups in the Quadratec and 4WD Hardware catalogs that I'd go with. They have the dual tray, red top gel cell batteries, and cables. This application is used for Jeeps that have a lot of high amp lights and use their winches. More cranking amps and amphours.
Unread 12-13-2002, 06:47 AM   #4
Scrambler82
1982 CJ8 

I would look into a new high amp alternator too.
All the equipment you have now is proably taxing the existing unit.

Do it right the first time !
Scrambler82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2002, 12:07 AM   #5
JoKing045

Hey all I still have not found anything for JEEP CJ-7's I have found lots of things for Wranglers but nothing for CJ's if anyone knows anything or link please post it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

Email me at: JoKing045@msn.com

1986 CJ-7 (completely stock)
258 I6 2bbl carb
JoKing045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2002, 06:34 AM   #6
CJeep
Alpha dog

1982 CJ8 

Look here:

http://www.4wd.com/shopwrangler/Prod...gAndElectrical

2004 Grand Limited 4.7 HO - OH Boy!

2010 Grand Laredo 5.7 Hemi - SICK - work vehicle -gone - replaced by an 08 Tahoe - nice ride.

"Both my Doberman and my Jeep can accurately be described as 'black and rust.'"

"I got a fever . . . and the only prescription is more cowbell"
CJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2002, 01:34 PM   #7
scottahicks

alternator

http://www.imajeep.com/Alternator%20...alternator.htm

the best alternator you can buy

1980 CJ5, 304 V8, flat top pistons, rv cam, quadra-jet carb, edelbrock intake, hooker headers, Purple Hornies 3" header glasspacks, Solid Driveshaft, t-176 manual 4speed, 3" body lift, 1foot extended front bumper for wrecker winch "no winch yet" 33X12.5X15 Wild Country XRT's on chrome wagon wheels, custom spray paint job, lots of rust, dents, oh and a driver that treats it like a jeep "screw the paint I can make it!" Daily Driven!!!!! Green Jeep Club member #37 Flamed Jeep Club member #1 and President
scottahicks is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.