Is the Internally Splined Hub Conversion Still Available? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Is the Internally Splined Hub Conversion Still Available?

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 06-12-2014, 10:26 PM   #1
Agar426
1974 CJ6 

Is the Internally Splined Hub Conversion Still Available?

By any chance is the old Warn internally splined hub conversion still available? I realize Warm sold that portion of their business, but I could swear I saw a mock up at the EJS vendor show in the Yukon Gear/Randy's R&P booth, but I'm not sure. Their web site isn't clear...

Agar426 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2014, 12:24 PM   #2
Agar426
1974 CJ6 

Ok....I think I found the part number from Yuukon Gear (YA W61650), but it costs almost twice as much as it did when Warn sold it, and Warn could never be mistaken for being a discount vendor. If this is the right part number, I have some questions:

1. On the old Warn setup, I believe you had to buy new axle shafts to go with this, as it was set up around the bigger u-joint. Or....am I confusing two un-related upgrades?
2. I haven't been able to get a response from Yukon, but I want to know if this kit is just the hub conversion, and if it includes everything required?

Thanks!
Unread 06-30-2014, 12:53 PM   #3
CSP

You're confusing two different things with the larger outer ujointed axleshaft. The Warn setup worked with the stock axleshafts.

Have you called Randy's Ring and Pinion? They are Yukon essentially.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
wm69

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YA-W61650-Fr...1e0e98&vxp=mtr

Still available, but pricey.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2014, 12:25 PM   #5
Agar426
1974 CJ6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm69 View Post
No kidding! They used to be $299 in the catalogs, and could be had for $250 if you searched. I'll call Randy's R&P, as that part number shows up at a few vendors, but not in the Yukon catalog.

Thanks everyone!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.