Internal conversion kit lockout hubs - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Internal conversion kit lockout hubs

TJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 11-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #16
shooters_7
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSP View Post
No, that's not correct.

That internal hub kit is listed for the Scout D44 and Scout D44 outers have the same diameter and spline count as CJ Dana 30 outers. They aren't the same outer axleshafts that the Chevy/Jeep/Ford/Dodge/etc D44s have.
The kit I received had the warn internal hubs and were 30 spline which required D44 outers. In order to run the D44 I had to replace the spindle which are a pain to find. Please expand on whats not correct?

shooters_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #17
CSP

The Warn conversion kit linked was designed around the 27 spline CJ and Scout axleshafts.

I have no idea what kit you ended up with as no D44 ever came with 30 spline outers from the factory. The Scouts were 27 spline and Chevy/Ford/Dodge/Jeep/etc. were 19 spline, but with a larger diameter. Any kit using a lockout for 30 spline axleshafts is going to require a different outer axleshaft and that kit makes no mention of needing new axleshafts.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #18
shooters_7
1985 CJ7 

Here is the old Warn doc. Look at pg 57 (4) under "Front Hub Conversion" there are two different spline counts. The first is a 27 and the second is a 30. Don't know why but I'm guessing I was sent the second one.
File Type: pdf Warn Axles.pdf (644.5 KB, 10 views)
shooters_7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.