intermediate cj5 driveshaft - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > intermediate cj5 driveshaft

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 10-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
Savemycj
1975 CJ5 

intermediate cj5 driveshaft

Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a situation. I'm in the process of replacing my original suspension. I have a 1975 cj5. I already ordered a 3" suspension kit and 1/2" shackles for it. I know this will cause driveline issues in the rear and that I likely need a DC shaft. I'm seriously looking into an XJ or Ford Explorer shaft that I can take to a reputable shop and get shortened and balanced. And now to the problem.... I am on a military base and my Jeep is 600 miles away. Does anyone out there have the same/similar setup that could measure this for me? My jeep has a 258 on a 3 speed (sorry, don't know which. T-14 maybe?) and a Dana 20 T-case, connected to a Dana 44 axle. I have a couple weeks planned for the holidays this year and don't want to wait around the whole time for parts to be made and sent to me. I want as smooth of an install as I can get (I know, don't laugh). Thanks for any help!!!

Savemycj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.