intermediate cj5 dash lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > intermediate cj5 dash lights

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
yamadood
1975 CJ5 

intermediate cj5 dash lights

wonder if anyone out there knows where to get the rectangular indicator lights for headlight, wipers, and hazard dash lights for a 1975 jeep, the one I bought was blue, I am looking for green ones.

yamadood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
jeepaddict1
1977 CJ7 

I think that I got mine through 4 Wheel Parts or Quadratec.
jeepaddict1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
roadhog304
1973 CJ5 

When I restored mine the ones I bought were also blue which did not match the original color of green. I purchased a new hazard film from a guy on earlycj5.net that had recreated them because you cannot buy new ones. I then bought an extra light indicator and took it apart and changed out the films with the new hazard indicator I had purchased To get the color correct I tore all of my new dash indicators apart and used green transparent film like a school teacher would use for overhead projectors and placed it behind the original films with the lettering to change the color. it worked great.
Unread 10-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #4
OleBlue73
1973 CJ5 

There was a guy on earlycj5.net doing a repro of the green hazard indicator lense. Search over there for "hazard indicator" or "hazard lense". He may do green ones of the others also. He was doing them because hazard lenses were unobtainable.
OleBlue73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #5
chevy71super

I did the same thing. I bought the later model Windshield and Wiper dash lights that were blue. Take them apart and use "goof-off" to remove the blue from the back side (wipes right off) and use green film or LED lights to make them glow green. The Hazard is more difficult because they are no longer made. I got lucky and found an NOS one even though it glowed blue as well. I removed the blue and used green film. The one the guy sells from earlycj5.net are close but the lettering is a little smaller than stock.
chevy71super is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #6
yamadood
1975 CJ5 

i need all 3

I need all 3 for my 75 cj please e-mail me at yamadood@mail2me.com
Unread 12-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #7
yamadood
1975 CJ5 

green dash lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhog304 View Post
When I restored mine the ones I bought were also blue which did not match the original color of green. I purchased a new hazard film from a guy on earlycj5.net that had recreated them because you cannot buy new ones. I then bought an extra light indicator and took it apart and changed out the films with the new hazard indicator I had purchased To get the color correct I tore all of my new dash indicators apart and used green transparent film like a school teacher would use for overhead projectors and placed it behind the original films with the lettering to change the color. it worked great.
how would I get ahold of that guy, I tried getting on earlycj5 but they kept denying me access. any help would be apreciatted thank you.
Unread 10-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #8
Barneysjeeppart

Dash indicator lamps CJ 1972 1973 1974 1975.

We are now making and selling the HAZARD indicator lamp and will soon have the LIGHTS and WIPER WASHER indicators available for the 1972-1975 CJ DJ. All with correct green backlit. Sold individually or as set of 3. Call Barney's Jeep Parts LLC (740) 947-7030 M-F 9-5 , email any time, or check our ebay store.
Barneysjeeppart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #9
yamadood
1975 CJ5 

I have finally found the dash lights I have been looking for for two years . if anyone else out there has been going through the trouble I have looking and has mismatched lights on your dash here is where you can get them.

$74.95 for the set of all 3.

$27.95 individually.
Free shipping in US for all.
Barney's Jeep Parts LLC
Waverly, OH

(740) 947-7030
barneygoodwin@roadrunner.com
img_1847.jpg   img_1848.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.