Intake Bolts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Intake Bolts

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 04-02-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
wifflesniffle
1985 CJ7 

Intake Bolts

What type of bolts such be used to replace the intake/exhaust bolts? Also should the factory washers/spacers be reused or replaced. If replaced, what did you guys use?

Matt

Unread 04-03-2009, 11:44 AM   #2
Stan99
1978 CJ7 

Bump. I am having the same problem finding the washers that clamp both the exhaust and intake manifolds to the head.
Unread 04-03-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
Bear-Olemiss
1981 CJ5 

You must special order them from a parts house. Had to get mine from napa
Bear-Olemiss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #4
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

You can also purchase the heavy washer from McMaster-Carr in stainless steel to replace the cup type from the factory. They are generally called fixturing washers and are 1" O.D. x 13/32" I.D. x 3/16" thick for 3/8 bolts. McMaster-Carr P/N is 98125A031.

These are an excellent replacement washer as they are large diameter and in "thick" stainless for about $8.00 for a 10 pack. I use them on my 258 engine.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2009, 02:55 PM   #5
chill254
1984 CJ8 

What is the size, length, and thread pitch of the manifold bolts? Also how many would you need to replace all of them? I am planning to replace mine along with a new intake.
chill254 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.