Instrument panel part q's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Instrument panel part q's

Introducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 05-27-2004, 03:43 PM   #1
bamakrw
1986 CJ7 

Instrument panel part q's

Hey guys, I am looking at buying this 86 CJ7 Laredo w/ 69k original miles on it. It has a few flaws and I am trying to see if I can get parts to it before I buy it. The black plastic piece around the speedometer has a few small holes in it where it looks like they screwed something into it. I have seen the stainless pieces but I am not interested in that and I am wondering if you gus knew anything about it. The clock doesn't work either but I have seen those in Q'Tec for like $40.

Oh yeah, the guy is asking $7400 for it. He says it does not have any rust on it. It has a hard top and full doors, and new 32" buckshots. It looks like it has a small lift in the pictures but I have yet to see it in person. It also has a dual steering stabilizer and rancho shocks, Dana 44. It sat in this old man's barn for a while and the paint on one side of the veh was faded so he had it re painted, but he only painted one side???? (The side that was faded of course) What do you guys think. Is this a fair price? I knew a good bit about my YJ (sold it yesterday ) but when it comes to CJ's, I am new to this.

bamakrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2004, 04:26 PM   #2
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamakrw
Hey guys, I am looking at buying this 86 CJ7 Laredo w/ 69k original miles on it. It has a few flaws and I am trying to see if I can get parts to it before I buy it. The black plastic piece around the speedometer has a few small holes in it where it looks like they screwed something into it. I have seen the stainless pieces but I am not interested in that and I am wondering if you gus knew anything about it. The clock doesn't work either but I have seen those in Q'Tec for like $40.

Oh yeah, the guy is asking $7400 for it. He says it does not have any rust on it. It has a hard top and full doors, and new 32" buckshots. It looks like it has a small lift in the pictures but I have yet to see it in person. It also has a dual steering stabilizer and rancho shocks, Dana 44. It sat in this old man's barn for a while and the paint on one side of the veh was faded so he had it re painted, but he only painted one side???? (The side that was faded of course) What do you guys think. Is this a fair price? I knew a good bit about my YJ (sold it yesterday ) but when it comes to CJ's, I am new to this.
$7400 is a bit steep unless it's in really good shape. Go look at it and look at some more before you buy it. I got mine ('83 CJ7, rebuilt 258, no rust, hardtop, new 33"s, 4" lift, ect.) for only $4,200.

CJ7 - God's gift to the masochist.
jeepsarecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2004, 07:02 PM   #3
wm69

If it is in as good of shape as you say I think it would be worth what he's asking (or close to it). The dana 44 was really rare and the Laredo package isn't real easy to find either. The hardtop and doors are a plus and if there's no rust you might be able to get by with just replacing the carb to have a good running jeep. By the time you spend $3-4K on one and fix it up you'll EASILY have $8-10K in it (if not more). New tires, rancho shocks etc. Just look at what you will have to spend if you find a beater and have to add stuff to it. I would verify that it has a dana 44 in it as that would be the most desirable part of the deal. Oh, and you can get a replacement black vinyl overlay for the dash for about $20 on ebay......

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2004, 11:10 PM   #4
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm69
If it is in as good of shape as you say I think it would be worth what he's asking (or close to it). The dana 44 was really rare and the Laredo package isn't real easy to find either. The hardtop and doors are a plus and if there's no rust you might be able to get by with just replacing the carb to have a good running jeep. By the time you spend $3-4K on one and fix it up you'll EASILY have $8-10K in it (if not more). New tires, rancho shocks etc. Just look at what you will have to spend if you find a beater and have to add stuff to it. I would verify that it has a dana 44 in it as that would be the most desirable part of the deal. Oh, and you can get a replacement black vinyl overlay for the dash for about $20 on ebay......

The dana 44 was rare EXCEPT in the '86 models, which is what that one is. They came standard that year.

Unread 05-28-2004, 06:20 AM   #5
wm69

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsarecool
The dana 44 was rare EXCEPT in the '86 models, which is what that one is. They came standard that year.
I know that but almost all of the 86's I've seen have the AMC 20 in them. If this one's got the D44 that's one less thing to worry about fixing later.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2004, 07:25 AM   #6
bamakrw
1986 CJ7 

I'm pretty excited, I'm going to look at it Monday and I'm taking $6500 cash and I'm hoping he will take it because I really like it. We'll see.
Thanks for the info.
Unread 05-28-2004, 09:17 AM   #7
bamakrw
1986 CJ7 

I just talked to the guy and he said $7000 was the bottom dollar. I don't really want to spend that much and don't know if it's worth the ride over there.
Unread 05-28-2004, 09:23 AM   #8
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
I just talked to the guy and he said $7000 was the bottom dollar. I don't really want to spend that much and don't know if it's worth the ride over there.
If it's in really good shape, it might be worth it. But if not, don't worry there are a ton of other jeeps out there. By the way, where are you in alabama?

Unread 05-28-2004, 10:02 AM   #9
bamakrw
1986 CJ7 

I am in Birmingham. I have some pics of this thing but I am having trouble posting them.
Unread 05-28-2004, 10:09 AM   #10
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
I am in Birmingham. I have some pics of this thing but I am having trouble posting them.
Pic posting seems to be quite complicated here. I don't even try. I know that they must be "hosted" somewhere else. They can't be uploaded directly to this site.

Unread 05-28-2004, 10:14 AM   #11
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Also, this might be a bit far for you (but probably not more than an hour and a half drive):

http://webejeeping.com/

This place is near Athens. I've never actually been up there, but I've checked out the website a few times. He seems to always have a lot of nice jeeps.

Unread 05-28-2004, 10:21 AM   #12
bamakrw
1986 CJ7 

Yeah, I have been checking pretty regular. They have blue 83 that is sharp. Hey, do you have an email addy that I could send you some pics of this thing? I 'd like to see what another Jeeper thinks.
Also, where in AL are you?
Unread 05-28-2004, 10:55 AM   #13
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Yeah, I have been checking pretty regular. They have blue 83 that is sharp. Hey, do you have an email addy that I could send you some pics of this thing? I 'd like to see what another Jeeper thinks.
Also, where in AL are you?
Yeah, the blue one that's about $10,500? That one does look nice. Yeah, my email is scottsemail23@comcast.net. I'm in Huntsville.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.