installing snaps for softop installation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > installing snaps for softop installation

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 10-23-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
barlow
1966 CJ5 

installing snaps for softop installation

Hey there! I just picked up a 66 cj and would like to install a soft top. However, when I bought the jeep the body was brand new and there are no snaps too button the soft top? Has anyone installed the "male" portion of the snaps? Thanks.

barlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #2
CJ Chet
1986 CJ7 

Check out a boating store (Boaters World, West Marine), they have kits for those. Cheap and simple to do.

'86 CJ7, 265 CI, DUI, TF999, Borla, Weber, 4" BDS Lift.
'04 AEV RUBICON.
'00 TJ Sahara.
CJ Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #3
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

fairly simple and straight forward to install, they usually just screw in.

the more difficult task is getting them in the 'correct' location. the top will be very difficult to get on if it's cold, and you may be tempted to install them incorrectly to get the top to fit better at first, but then it will loosen up.

heres a link that loosely references snap locating

http://www.bestop.com/installation_guides/51405.pdf

what kind of top? do you already have one? if not, look into the Bestop Supertop, and get the belt rail attaching system, and skip snaps all together.

http://www.bestop.com/installation_guides/51595.pdf

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.