Installing Pitman Arm - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Installing Pitman Arm

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 10-23-2009, 11:23 AM   #1
Hybrid Jeep
1976 CJ5 

Installing Pitman Arm

Hey guys-

I just got myself a new PSC power steering box for my 76 CJ5. I am about to put the pitman arm on it.. and I can figure out how it is installed.. but is there a certain way to clock the arm to the gear box? Should I just install it so that it is straight forward and back?

There were no instructions with the PSC box.. any tips?

Hybrid Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 11:28 AM   #2
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

I think you need to center the gear by turning the steering wheel side to side while counting the turns, then back it off half way and as you figure, put it on straight back.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
CSP

Once you have the steering box centered the pitman arm goes on with the drag link end straight back. It is keyed so there is only one position where it will fit.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.