installing aftermarket a/c on 84 cj7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > installing aftermarket a/c on 84 cj7

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 06-28-2003, 01:12 AM   #1
Sacredgroove

installing aftermarket a/c on 84 cj7

anyone done this? is it a difficult job for an average mechanic?
if so any idea on labor charge at a shop to install complete a/c setup on a non a/c cj7? thanks!

Sacredgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2003, 10:32 AM   #2
wm69

I just got through fixing my factory A/C. You'll have the underdash unit (evaporator)to screw to the bottom of the dash (there should be a bracket that bolts to the firewall to hold the back of it up). Wires should plug into the fuse box (holes marked with A/C and A/C compressor). two hoses run from the underdash unit; the big one goes to the compressor, the smaller one goes to the drier(little cylinder), then you have the condensor (looks like a small radiator and goes in front of the regular radiator). There will be a hose running from the condensor to the other fitting on the compressor, and then the smaller output on the condensor goes to the other side of the drier. All basically bolt on stuff, you just have to have the time to do it. I'm assuming this came with the brackets to mount the compressor and remount the alternator. You probably will be best off taking it to a shop where the will vacuum the system down and then it just need to be charged. Mount everything yourself and take it to the pros to charge it. Good luck.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.