Inline Tube Fuel Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Inline Tube Fuel Question

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Steinjäger photo contest!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 05-03-2010, 10:11 AM   #1
Hybrid Jeep
1976 CJ5 

Inline Tube Fuel Question

Hey guys.. I ordered Inline tube's stainless brake lines for my CJ5 and was quite pleased with them..

So I took at look at their website and it shows 3 lines for fuel. One main line, one return.. and a "Fuel Vapor Line Canister 1pc 5/16". What line is this? I remember in the tear down having the main and the return.. but can't remember what this fuel vapor line canister line is.

Also.. it has two sizes for the main 5/16" and 3/8". I think stock lines were 5/16".. wouldn't a larger line cause less fuel pressure?

Hybrid Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 10:33 AM   #2
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

No the larger would allow better fuel delivery. The mechanical fuel pump uses suction to draw fuel up to it, then the pressure is from the pump to the carb. With the larger line, fuel would flow easier up to the pump. Even if you have an electric pump, mounted somewhere inline, the larger tube would allow easier flow. Try blowing thru a 1/4 inch line, then try it with a 1/2 inch line. Same principal.

Do you happen to have a link for them? I'd like to run stainless, but thru 4wd Hardware it is almost $100 per line. Are they any better in price?

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
Hybrid Jeep
1976 CJ5 

Inline tube is recommended for brake / fuel lines as they are better quality than what 4wd offers. Inline Tube - Preformed Stainless & OEM Brake Line Sets.

I've read horror stories of lines not fitting when ordered elsewhere.

Do you happen to know what that third line is for?

By the way.. my total was... $305.59 for the full CJ5 stainless brake line set.. a Disc/Disc prop valve, and the electrical connector for the prop valve.
Hybrid Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 11:18 PM   #4
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

Mine has the one from the charcoal can to the tank (vent), a fuel return line from the fuel filter (the little nipple) and then the main fuel line. Your '76 may not have a charcoal canister (emissions equipment) either from the year or previously removed. If yours doesn't have a charcoal can, then I wouldn't worry about it. I'd definitely put the return line and a return system fuel filter on if it doesn't have one - saves frustration from vapor lock.

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.