ignition switch wiring for 1975 CJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > ignition switch wiring for 1975 CJ

Jeep Wrangler Hurricane Flat Fender Flare Kits for 2007-208.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for JeepsPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 04-25-2006, 02:33 PM   #1
spearhunter
1975 CJ5 

ignition switch wiring for 1975 CJ

Well, guys, my factory service manual has pretty diagrams but they don't really have anything on this one (crucial) switch. Apparently, I got an extra page on cherokees instead.

I've got a diagram of the back of the switch, including labelling. None of it is as obvious as I'd like, so I am hoping some of you can look at it and tell me what goes where. I numbered each of the 10 tabs and included the labels from the back as close to their original position as possible.

The only thing that makes sense to me is where the main line feeds in from the battery. For the ignition, I have no idea what grounds (if anything), what goes to the coil, and which ones aren't even used. Accessory, I have even less of a clue unless. Also, where it says GRD, is it referring to the little unused socket or is it referring to the top two tabs on the accesory side?

I'll post on a couple of other boards in case you guys don't have anything on it.

spearhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2006, 03:09 PM   #2
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Well for starters I would say

4-S1 goes to the starter solenoid.
10-Unused
1-unused
7-unused
6-unused

3 to battery
9- to fuse box
2 to fusebox voltmeter (+)

8 to tach or ignition coil (+)
5 to alternator , fuse box

John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2006, 03:42 PM   #3
spearhunter
1975 CJ5 

This is why Jeepers rock. Thanks, man!
spearhunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.