Ignition switch harness... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Ignition switch harness...

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #1
ellislives
1982 CJ7 

Ignition switch harness...

Just pulled my old non- tilt steering column out at the intermediate shaft and replaced it with a rebuilt tilt version. Everything bolts up great but the ignition switch is different and the harness doesn't plug in as it should. Can anyone give provide a wire by wire explanation of what goes where or perhaps give me a lead on a harness plug that would allow me to fix the issue?

ellislives is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
texasdave

1980 CJ7 

Search John Strenks threads he has all that info.
texasdave is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Anyone know what the green and light brown wires are for on the bottom of the pic? Its from an '86 with non-tilt. My other column which is an older tilt doesn't have these 2 wires. Thanks

CJ7ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #4
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

The ignition switch is 180* rotated but the plugs should still fit after rotating the plugs to match the switch.

Might have to make some new bends in the harness for it to fit.

The last 2 wires are for the key buzzer. if you had one.

John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #5
ellislives
1982 CJ7 

Muchas gracias

Thanks John

I put a multimeter on both switches and was getting the same response so I plugged it in and everything fired up. After a few hiccups getting my horn to stop grounding out and stay on all the time, we're up running through Austin and sweating through our t-shirts at about 105 degrees. Thanks for the response.
ellislives is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.