Ignition switch-guages problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Ignition switch-guages problem

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
tlaff

Ignition switch-guages problem

I have a 78 CJ5 bought a month ago and have an electrical issue driving me nuts. When I turn the key one position forward the oil pressure and voltage gauge function properly, but when I click one more toward'the'start position both of the gauges peg to the right. I've replaced the ignition switch and the cylinder lock with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated.

tlaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 06:00 AM   #2
Jeeper44mag
1978 CJ7 

My guess is that you either have a short or a bad ground somewhere in your system.

Luis

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.