if anyone is looking for a new Jeep... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > if anyone is looking for a new Jeep...

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Closed Thread
Unread 05-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #16
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovic
^^ Just made a fool of himself

kov
How so?

PROJECT 23 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #17
VooDoo2
1978 CJ7 

Steve, your threads are awesome. Keep up the good work. i just wish i was closer to you so i could take advantage of your sales. IMO the CJ forum is for CJ jeep lovers to chat, swap, talk tech or whatever. If it was for anally retentive wankers making sure every single post fitted into a square hole and was tech only i sure wouldn't be posting here much. Sure the tech stuff is good, the rest of the stuff is just as good

my 2c

Oh and OP, nice Jeep
VooDoo2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #18
Davis77Cj
1977 CJ7 

well onto another note..

you have to zoom way out i have no idea why the pics are so big

images

more

more

more

and some more
Unread 05-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #19
VooDoo2
1978 CJ7 

We cant view your email attachments mate, you will need to host the pic's somewhere
VooDoo2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #20
Davis77Cj
1977 CJ7 

sorry abt that. no clue what i was thinking. will be fixed in a bit.
Unread 05-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #21
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
I'm not pissed, nor do I have any inclination to be a mod. Actually, I'm in a great mood.

Part of being in a "community" is obeying the rules, and enforcing them, collectively, not just relying on "the man" to police the rules.

If you don't like the rules, either go thru the necessary channels to change them, or ..... I think you know the rest.

I'm done...my email alert keeps dinging from the "thumbsup" messages, and it's getting tiresome.

Matt

Steve you do abuse the rules and often post your for sale stuff in the CJ side. I have reported numerous of your "for sale" "who was looking for" etc threads in the past. When someone points it out you then lash out at them and / or become a mini mod and point out in others threads. This thread is a perfect example....

I have nothing against you and enjoy the work you have done on your jeep, however the rules are the rules and Matt has every right as a paying member to ask you to abide by them.
MoC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #22
Davis77Cj
1977 CJ7 

this should work for the pictures
Unread 05-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #23
19in1979
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
Actually, I'm in a great mood.

I'm done...my email alert keeps dinging from the "thumbsup" messages, and it's getting tiresome.

Matt
Mathew? Since you're going to be all "standoffish" there, (and standoffish is a word if'n you're a real Amurican) and you're gonna ignore all the ring-dinging of your email alert due to "excessive" or "way too many" (they mean the same thing, I went an looked it up to be sure) <There, that was the technical portion of this post, "way too many""thumbsup" messages, I did some thinkin' an I just figured I'd go around your blockade and get in a few "undinging" thumbsups!!! Why? Cuz I enjoy all of your posts!

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Wayne [/FONT]

[B]Living the dream at 8,500ft. elevation in beautiful Coal Creek Canyon, Colorado. [/B]
19in1979 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #24
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

So let me ask this before departing this topic.
When a member creates a thread that's clearly non technical and another member responds to the thread (not pointing out that it against the rules, but answering the OP's question), does this make both parties in violation?
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #25
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

The tech vs. non-tech issue is irrelevant. The forum rules state they allow a little "room" in that interpretation.

What the rules say about soliciting is pretty specific.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #26
contdevelop
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo2 View Post
Steve, your threads are awesome. Keep up the good work. i just wish i was closer to you so i could take advantage of your sales. IMO the CJ forum is for CJ jeep lovers to chat, swap, talk tech or whatever. If it was for anally retentive wankers making sure every single post fitted into a square hole and was tech only i sure wouldn't be posting here much. Sure the tech stuff is good, the rest of the stuff is just as good

my 2c

Oh and OP, nice Jeep

^^^^What this guy said!!!!
contdevelop is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #27
prismfisher
1982 CJ8 

What I want to know is how does the "wench" fit in the 7.... ? I have a CJ8 and my "wench" is getting a little too big for the front. Does the cable help keep her in or out of the front seat? Little confused
prismfisher is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #28
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7
The tech vs. non-tech issue is irrelevant. The forum rules state they allow a little "room" in that interpretation.

What the rules say about soliciting is pretty specific.

Matt
But aren't you the one that constantly points out that certain threads aren't technical and need to be moved? What about that wiggle room? I guess it all depends on the member who creates the thread to make it right or wrong in your eyes. Take this thread as an example. Go back and read the OP's original post and see who chimed in and who didn't point out that the thread is in clear violation.
I guess that wiggle room came into play, huh?
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #29
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Also, why not be a man and contact me via PM, email, etc if you have an issue with any of my threads or posts. Instead you rather lash at out me on a public forum to boost your ego. Com'on bro, the last I checked we are all adults, correct?
If so, act like it and stop this high school drama queen stuff. I'm moving on now and you're more than welcome to join me.
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #30
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Look, if the rest of the paying members want this forum to be inundated with "What color should I paint my CJ?" or "I have this widget for sale" threads, then I'm cool with that.

I'll just go elsewhere to learn about CJs.

But I may pawn a few parts before I leave....

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.