Id'ing RE Lifts.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Id'ing RE Lifts..

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-18-2003, 03:26 PM   #1
Crzipilot

Id'ing RE Lifts..

Hello, newbie here.
I've run the mustang bug out of my blood,and am about to purchase my first jeep. Been doing alot of reading and research, etc... so feel fairly sure what I want.
I'm supposed to go look at a jeep tomorrow, and well the problem is the guy has only owned it for 4/5 months (selling it for house or something) and he says whom he bought it from told him it had a 6" Rubicon SOA lift on it. From what I can tell...the biggest they make is a 4" so possibly he has a 2" body lift on there, or maybe the guy that sold it to him figured the SOA gave it another 2". Either way, is there any way to tell what type of lift has actually been used on the jeep?? Since i'm supposed to go look at it, i'd like to know what really is on it, as he's not real sure.
Thanks in advanced

Crzipilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2003, 11:01 PM   #2
agenbroad

the lift probably doesn't have anything to do with the leaves, it's a SOA, (spring over axle) as oposed to SUA(spring under axles), so you go under the jeep and look if the axle is mouted under the leaf springs or on top. If it's SOA, i'd be suprised if it doesn't have more then 6", usualy you get like 8", so your next question is do i want SOA, thats another on of those age old questions, like cj vs. yj, or carb vs. fuel inj. you'd have to start a new thread, then get a million conflicting and different opinions about it.
Unread 08-20-2003, 05:05 AM   #3
Crzipilot

[Thanks for the response. I understand the difference between the SOA and SUA. The question I had though is if your buying a jeep from someone, and say it's 3rd, 4th hand...and they say it has such and such suspension components on it. How does one tell, of ID that it truely is that package???

And Uhmm....what's wrong with SOA vs SUA??? thanks
Crzipilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.