Identify Cj5 leaf springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Identify Cj5 leaf springs

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 09-24-2014, 11:17 PM   #1
PastorGman
1974 CJ5 

Identify Cj5 leaf springs

Need help in identifying leaf springs on my 1974 CJ5. It has a 3 inch lift kit. Luckily there are some markings on the springs:
Front marking: RT 25105
Rear marking: RT 25115
I removed them to replace bushings. I went to 4 Wheel Parts and ordered some bushings but when they came in they look like smaller in diameter. Need help so I can finish Jeep before cold weather comes in. Appreciate your help. Thanks.

PastorGman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2014, 03:48 PM   #2
PanteraPilot
1978 CJ5 

I guess I'm not the only one with problems here. I wanted to replace both top and bottom bushings, but there are a ton off different sizes and little details on how they are different. I emailed Omix Ada hoping the would give me the physical dimensions of their bushings, but the never contacted me back. I'm really struggling trying to find the correct ones.
PanteraPilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2014, 09:50 AM   #3
PastorGman
1974 CJ5 

Ok, if you go to Energy Suspension website they tell you what you need to measure and even have some links to where they have the sizes available once you have measured. I haven't had a chance yet but think I'm going to call them today. I will let you know by posting later on.
Unread 09-26-2014, 02:25 PM   #4
PanteraPilot
1978 CJ5 

Wow. Great find. Thanks a bunch. These guys look like they've done their research.
PanteraPilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2014, 08:50 AM   #5
PastorGman
1974 CJ5 

No luck yet on my end. Went to several places and most of them don't even know the dimensions of the parts they sell. I came across a part: CROJ0921055 it is made by Crown but when I called them even they didn't have the dimensions. I am probably going to order one see if it fits. It consists of a rubber bushing inside a metal sleeve as well as an inner sleeve for the bolt. If anybody out there knows the dimensions for this part I would appreciate your help. Its for a 1974 CJ-5 with 3" lift. The leaf spring number is RT 25115 and RT25105. I was told they were made by Rugged Trail. The part is CROJ0921055 for the bushings.
Unread 09-30-2014, 01:32 PM   #6
PastorGman
1974 CJ5 

Update: Called an online parts place who called his buddy at Crown and got me the measurements for the CROJ0921055 bushings. Seems like these will work. I ordered two for right now and tomorrow I'll know if I go ahead and order the other six to go all around on the leaf springs. Will update tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.