identifing cj5s - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > identifing cj5s

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 05-23-2002, 03:42 PM   #1
2cjs

identifing cj5s

i went and looked at 3 jeeps today 2 were cj5s one was a military jeep i believe was used at a air field it had a split window with a small window between the two in the center ,it also had the battery compartment on the cowl (passenger side)it looked like a cj 5.one of the other 5s had the v6 in it, it even had the v6 emblem on the side i believe its got a t14 tranny, r the t14s any good like the t18s? also what do u think about the military jeep?its got a 4 banger in her a hole for a snorkle in the hood and a transmitting device in her in the engine compartment running off a giant i mean giant alternator.any info would be great.i can also get them all for a package deal. no price negotiated yet

work smarter not harder
2cjs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2002, 08:23 PM   #2
ooze

Sounds like one of them is an M38A1.
I believe these had 24 volt systems. There should be a round "hole" on the side of the jeep below the battery. This was a plug-in power source for running other equipment in the field.

If it's in original condition or close to it, I would think about a restoration.

You could use the other two to modify or what ever.
ooze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.