ideas needed for original parts for 66 cj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > ideas needed for original parts for 66 cj

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 01-31-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
barlow
1966 CJ5 

ideas needed for original parts for 66 cj

Hello all, My rig did not come with an emergency brake and I am trying to do my best and find original style parts. Does anyone know of the original E brake design for my dauntless, t-90. A few retailers would also be helpful. Thanks.

barlow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2010, 08:34 AM   #2
hotrod351
1955 M-38 

check out ebay. i have a old 55 M38A1 and it didnt come with the emergency brake either. ive seen a few of them on there. the cheapest way is to install a line lock, electric. you know you put the brakes on then flip the switch and it keeps the fluid from going back into the master cylinder. ive thought of doing it on my jeep but really havent had any great need for it as of yet.
hotrod351 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2010, 10:41 AM   #3
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

Line locks are not a good idea for parking brakes, especially on older vehicles with iffy wheel cylinders. Any loss of pressure will allow the vehicle to roll, usually at the worst time. E bay, earlycj5.com, or any of the other early cj sites usually has somebody with misc extra stock parts to reinstall the original driveline brake. While much better than hydraulic park brakes, these are still not the optimal option since a lost u joint or other drivetrain part will still keep the system from working. Personally, I would recomend a swap to early Waggy brakes. These 11" brakes are a virtual bolt in swap and will give you not only vastly improved braking, but a rear drum cable operated e brake system as well.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
barlow
1966 CJ5 

Great thanks, Should I just measure the run length for the cables and look for parts accordingly? I assume there will be a cable splitter as well to activate both drums. Do you know if the original cj's had a pull up style break or pedal? Thanks again.
barlow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
OlivergreenCJ7
2001 TJ Wrangler 

pull style on the left hand side... drum on the back of the D18...

We Specialize in Willys Jeep parts. CJ Jeep parts, Willys Parts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.