The ideal CJ interior/CJ aftermarket vinyl interior - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > The ideal CJ interior/CJ aftermarket vinyl interior

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 09-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #1
aBoyAndHisCJ
1978 CJ7 

The ideal CJ interior/CJ aftermarket vinyl interior

Hi— have any of you installed an aftermarket molded vinyl interior inside your CJ? Specifically, I'm looking at the ACC Molded Vinyl Kit.

When I take the body off the frame next year and weld in new floor pans, I intend to use Raptor Liner or Line-X on the entire interior. But I'm not going to use a bedliner right now because of some pretty substantial rust & holes in the pan right now underneath the factory carpet kit...so unless anyone strongly recommends against it, I'm going to throw a vinyl kit in there to get me through this season, hoping for the added effect of more sound-deadening. I need something between me & the road, between me & exhaust fumes, insulation, and just general reinforcement of the floor pan, but I'm not beginning frame-off this close to time to use the Jeep for scouting & rambling.

I need the interior to be rugged. Additionally, I was considering putting molded vinyl in on top of a layer of Dynamat insulation on top of the Line-X/Raptor anyway. A 1978 CJ is cold in the winter.

My ideal CJ interior would be constructed thus:

1st layer: POR15
2nd layer: Line-X
3rd layer: Dynamat
4th layer: Molded Vinyl

But for now, does anyone have pics of a CJ with a molded vinyl kit, ACC or otherwise? I'd really like to see what they look like in the vehicle. And does anyone have any experience/pros & cons with vinyl kits to share?

Thanks.

Unread 09-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Cold in ATL?

I have a temp floor too. Great Stuff spray insulation and 7/16 OSB cut to fit. Free fromstuff in garage. Don't spend it if you don't have to.
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
aBoyAndHisCJ
1978 CJ7 

Yes sir...you'd be surprised at some of the winters we've had here in the South recently. It's reached the 'teens in at least the last couple of years. Add to that any extended outdoor activity— you're talking COLD. I think I came close to frostbite (not in the Jeep) in January of this year.

As far as reinforcing a tub against the elements goes, Great Stuff isn't a half bad idea! Seems like it would be weird or messier when Line-X time comes, though, maybe? And how did you apply yours— spot, or an even coating in the tub? As far as plywood goes, I could consider that, maybe, but still underneath vinyl matting of some sort. You have bare plywood in the inside of your Jeep? That makes me smile! My original 'temp' plan was to use sheet metal cut to fit, then pop-rivet in in place & use Black Jack or fiberglass jelly to seal— then cover with a vinyl kit.

Fording streams, or opting to sleep in the Jeep instead of pitching the tent, are my concerns. A measure of thermal insulation, and a measure of watertightness. Just not gonna do any welding before the end of this year.

Tags
Bedliner install , cj7 , cj7 rebuild question , interior , vinyl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.